AOE scenarios by Farrel and Imhotep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOE scenarios by Farrel and Imhotep

Afer getting frustrated trying to win Civ2 on deity, i decided i needed a break from civ and went back to AOE.

Now i definitely prefer Civ to AOE, for the usual reasons, but this time i tried playing scenarios i downloaded from the web. I was picky and only downloaded highly rated campaings form the best designers, and only dled ones iwh a strong focus on historical accuracy at that - to be specific Imhoteps Scipio Africans campaign, and Gordon Farrell's Presian wars campaigns.

I am very impressed. Both these designers create excellent, educational intros, aftermaths, etc. Both utilize excellen, accurate game maps.
    Farrel in particular has a way of creating victory conditions, triggers, etc that give a strong feel for the strategic and historical issues, within the severe limitations of the AOE engine. These scenarios go beyond the "its just a game not a history book" point of view - i daresay it is easier to learn much of the history of the Persian wars from farrel's cmpgns than from a history book. I HAVE read Herodotus and I daresay i have a better sense for the battle of Marathon, and of thermopolye now han i did before playing these scens.

lord of the mark
    " a poem should not mean, but be" Archibald Macleish
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber
Working...
X