Imperium Galactica 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imperium Galactica 2

My Review: it sucked. 4 CDs for a game that is still worse than MOO2...hell, MOO 1 was more fun!.

Probs: -the interface, just bad, why so unecessarily complicated? Left click and hold, then right click, click both buttons..all for stuff that could've been done by just left clicks and menus!
    -three generic races to choose from.
    -flash over substance.

My main complaint: THIS crap is the best they could do on 4 cds!!??
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Hmm, I bought it a couple of months ago for around $15, but I haven't really played it yet (Counter-Strike and Deus Ex took over, then BG2 )...

So, if the game isn't so good, how's the plot?
    Are the cutscenes as impressive as the race intros?

"On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
    - Lone Star

Comment

I was dissapointed with it also Seeker. It looks great, but its replayability factor is about zero. I don't really like the real time aspects to it either. There is nothing more frustrating than those stupid tanks going to the exact place you don't wish them to go.

Bkeela.
      Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Well, I started the human campaign today and played it for a few hours.
        The UI is horrible, and gameplay is seriously lacking in depth.
        However, the game still has a charm of its own and is mildly addictive.
        Of course, it's nothing compared to either of the MOOs, but for the price I got it for it's a nice packet of simple sci-fi strategy and gorgeous graphics.

One thing I am impressed by are the scripted events, it'd be a good addition to other 4X games, especially with a good scenario editor.

"On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
        - Lone Star

Comment

I was rather fond of it myself. In spite of the admittedly clunky interface. It seems to be just about the only system that allows both space and ground combat (other than star general) and the cutscenes are definately spectacular.
          Only problem is that it just gets too difficult beyond easy level unless you're playing as the Kra'hen (sp?).
          I always manage to eventually supress my warlike neighbours but by this time the Kra'hen have conquered the rest of the galaxy and are coming at me with their destructor rays. They always seem to start out too far away for me to get at them before they become effectively unbeatable.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ravagon on 10-30-2000 10:45 PM
            It seems to be just about the only system that allows both space and ground combat (other than star general)

An Emperor of the Fading Suns

Comment

Ummm?? Emperor of the who???
              What is it? When did it come out? Where can I get it?
              I've never heard of it before but I need it already!

Comment

Fading suns noble armada??

IG2 sucks

Comment

Working...
                X