Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WarCraft & StarCraft

Two very good games.
    Although not as good a civ but close. My second favorite.
    The RTS AI is good and the campaigns and cinematics are very nice.
    In addition the campaign editors make replay value almost limitless.
    Who else enjoys these games?

Well, I have both parts to WarCraft 2 - Rising Tide and Beyond the Dark Portal, and I'm supposed to get a copy of StarCraft *cough cough* ILLEGIALLY *cough*, but to no avail...
    Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
    Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
    Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
    und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
    Only when it's smooth you will see
    How much fairy-tale is left for you
    And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

i have sc and wc2, and i love them both.
      I useally play sc at battle.net, if have, however been a long time since last time now.
      Im looking forward to wc3 (=

Comment

Why not just buy it, Comrade Dan? It's a great game, and the entire Battlechest must be a cheap deal by now. . .

Here's hoping there is a Starcraft 2!
        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
        Drake Tungsten
        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
        Albert Speer

Comment

I'm into Total Annihilation, myself...

RIP, Cavedog...
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I don't know about multiplayers, but both Starcraft and Warcraft 2 suck bad in single player.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I played WarCraft II and still do.. that game rocks! I think it's better than StarCraft

Comment

Starcraft is better in SP, IMHO, but Warcraft II is a classic...

Never got around to finishing either of them.
                *grumbles about work*

Comment

well, I for myself only finished the WarCraft II Orc campaign... nice music in the game ,ain't it? esp. in the outro scene (after the victory movie)

Comment

Bought them both, didn't like either, collecting dust. Just not my thing, I guess.

Comment

I finished all the single player campaigns. All of them get boring after a few scenarios. The major flaws are:

[*]The campaigns just doesn't make sense. You win a scenario, and your commanding officer thrusts you into a new one after striping you clean? That's a bit hard to believe isn't it? In Warlords 3 you at least get your heroes, and in Panzer General you get your core units.[*]The scenarios themselves get repetitive and they all belong to the "puzzle solving" variety instead of "use tactics" variety, esp. the ones that you don't start with a base. You just keep repeating one until you find out things. *YAWN*[*]The scenarios starting with a base all follow the same pattern: build quickly, weather the initial onslaught, find out where the enemy is, accumlate enough troops, then kill him through an attrition war. How exciting![/list]

Is it just me or does the Battlecruiser really look like a phallic symbol?
                        [This message has been edited by Urban Ranger (edited September 17, 2000).]
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

I just bought Starcraft last week as it broke the $20.00 barrier where I live, and I gotta tell you: I enjoy this game. I suck at it, but it is still fun. Now I don't have anywhere near the amount of time to play games that I used to, so I'm still on the, like, 5th or 6th Terran mission, but I'm still having fun - which is a rare thing for an RTS.

------------------
                        Do what is Right for America! Vote Bush/Cheney 2000.

Comment

UR: Your first point is valid, but that's the way RTS games go.

The "no base" missions are usually interesting because you have to use spells and abilities that you might not normally use.

Isn't your description of a "base" mission typical of combat? What would you prefer? Build slowly, never get attacked, eliminate all opposition without loss. Sounds pretty boring. Besides I like to try and get as good a kill ratio as I can. The fact that I got 330 kills to 9 losses in a terran vs terran mission is amazing
                          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

No, but I prefer to use strategy instead of being forced to figure out the hidden puzzle. That's why the term RTS is an oxymoron. There's no strategy in it.
                            [This message has been edited by Urban Ranger (edited September 19, 2000).]

Comment

Urban Ranger: I completely agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X