Stars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stars!

Just wondering what everyone thought of Stars!. I downloaded it last night, and I'm pretty keen to get into it. A guy at work seems to love the pants off it. I was hoping to get an Apolyton opinion...

- MKL
    - mkl

I love Stars! I got it a couple of years ago and have played it to death!

Now I'm waiting for the sequel, Stars! Supernova to come out, looks highly interesting! Check it out at http://crisium.com/

John-SJ

Comment

Don't tell me there's only one person who's played it. What do people think of it?

Perhaps there are some people who should download it and see.
      - mkl

Comment

Just been to the Crisium site - looks great - where do I get it?
        I'm a great games shop brouser and have never seen this game in the UK - does it go under another name?
        Help?

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

OK - just did a web search and located the empire web site - in the UK there are two packages on offer Stars! @ £15 and Stars! (upgrade) @ £12. Do I need both? - Do I wait for Stars! Supernova?

Advice please guys...

------------------

Comment

I have bitten the bullet and Stars! is now speeding down the highway to my abode (delivery normally within 28 days!) - I hope it plays as well as it looks.

While you are at it - have any of you played Space Empires III ? it would appear to be a very similar animal...

------------------

Comment

I've only been playing the demo, so I'm not going to be much help, but I think I migt be buying Supernova when it comes out. Shogun is looking good too

- MKL
              - mkl

Comment

I played the demo some time ago, it wasn't bad, it even had better and more feautures then other comparable games, but I didn't really payed attention to it afterwards.
                I have noticed though that it has a small hardcore band of fans.

If Supernova has a noticable better AI then other (space)strategy games, I might buy it.

Comment

Midknight, could you tell me where downloaded Stars! from ?

Comment

I can, download the Stars! demo here, http://www.gamespot.com/strategy/stars/demos.html

John-SJ

Comment

I was more thinking of the full version... I thought Midkninght was talking about the full version when he said that he downloaded it but I just noticed he was talking about the demo one.

Comment

Played the tutorial (in the full game) last night - first impressions are very favourable - a true space based (TBS) Civ game. Will certainly play it some more - there does not (as yet) appear to be any diplomacy, trade or tactical combat - but we shall see.

------------------

Comment

I should hopefully be acquiring a full version of the game soon. And sorry... I did only get the demo. I thought it had more features than it apparently did though. I couldn't even load an exising game. I think it's strengths are mostly in the customisation of races (which you can't do in the demo anyway) and excellent multiplayer options.

- MKL
                          - mkl

Comment

SG,

Hope you enjoy Stars!, I know I have.

As a matter of fact, with the attention this thread has been getting I started a game over the weekend, it's amazing how fast an addiction can re-assert itself!

Last night as I was playing, I was comparing Stars! to some of the more modern space conquest games. While some of the newer games have better graphics and more glitz, Stars! has an incredible depth of play, but it requires more imagination to fully appreciate it, kind of like the difference between reading a book and watching a movie. In many, many cases, even though the movie is more showy, the book does the better job of telling the story.

John-SJ

Comment

I was considering getting the full version of Stars!, but with Stars! Supernova coming along I might hold off for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X