Plastation Ruined?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastation Ruined?

A friend of mine was having Playstation troubles, so he brought his controller over to another friends house to see if the problem was the box, or the controller. Apparently the box was working, but no signal was being sent from the controllers.
    So he tried his controller on my other friend's Playstation, and the "virus" was passed to my other friend's playststion. I've never heard of this. Now, both of their Playstations are not responding to any buttonpushing on the controllers. I must say, this is very wierd, and I'm glad they didn't get their hands on mine! Has anyone else had this problem? Remidies?

A virus?! I don't think it's a virus. You probably have a short in that controller. When you plug it into the box you blew it. I've seen that happen to mother boards when someone plugs a damaged mouse in. It's probably not worth fixing. How much does a playstation cost? Something like $100, right?

Comment

MWHC,
      Yeah, I called it a "virus" because I didn't know what else to call it. The shortout idea sounds like the culprit to me. I think they used the analog controllers which get their power from the box. Maybe that is the problem. Anyway, my Playstation is fine so I'm ok. We are college students so the $100 for a new one is expensive. They've borrowed mine, because all i need is my pc for Civ
      Thanks MWHC

PS-Just noticed I spelled Playstation wrong in the title...lol

Comment

Working...
      X