Panzer General 3D Assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panzer General 3D Assault

It is absolutely fantastic. I never knew I had this megalomania or whatever you call the subliminal need to have the power to promote and demote military commanders
    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Saras, can you tell me the differences (apart from graphics) of PG 3D from PG 2? Is it just a re-hash of the good old PG2 engine?

BTW, what a nice message you write about marriage in the OT forum.

Comment

I still play PG in DOS mode...
      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Interface is different, and 3D is absolutely real. Each unit comes with a leader, and if the leader's cool, the unit can do more things in a turn. If a leader matches a unit type and is also with some experience, he can do some advanced veteran stuff, i.e., the Junkers can become "buker killer" for one turn, tanks can put "hull down" and increase defense from backfire while attacking, units can entrench, camouflage, infiltrate. Artillery can "plot artillery" and fire more accurately while in support fire phase, bombers can "fly in the clouds" and figters won't see them unless next to them etc., I bet I haven't seen them all yet.

Generally, that's the same good PG, but it looks nicer and has more "features". I like, as I mentioned, the ability to promote and decorate leaders (campaign mode), thus focusing strength on units that you need most.

I also found it less biased towards Germans - i'ts less easy killing French! OUTRAGEOUS!!!

General view - buy it, but be careful - it's a big muthafuka, so check your sys capacity first.

Which marriage message, the Wife 1.0 or Black-Scholes?
        Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
        Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

PG1 and PG2 used to crash after a while at campaign mode (I don't use cracked software) - even if I restored last saved game. I really hated that!

Does 3D behave like this?

Comment

This was the infamous low countries or after france crash, get the patch, it fixes it.

same for PG2.

I also wasted my money on Pacific Gen.
            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Saras. Though I'd never played Pacific General before, why do you not like it? I'm just curious about that. BTW, I've Fantasy General(which is pretty good), and I wanna know, for those of you who've played it. Is it any good?

------------------
              FEAR IS COURAGE
              ANGER IS HAPPINESS
              HATE IS LOVE
              SUFFERING IS RELIEF

SITH LORD IS WATCHING YOU

Proud member of the Insomniac Army: One of the many armies of the Awful Forums.

Comment

Just picked up this one last evening. Thought I remembered that someone on here liked the game. Of course if I had remembered that it was George Soros then I would have gotten something else... Heading home to fire this one up.

Cheers!
                Be the bid!

Comment

Working...
                X