No announcement yet.

Best Computer game of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the higher level of command was actually better than the little engagements of PG 2. This is Panzer General trying to be more like Steel Panthers.
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

SMAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
      or Colinization or Gettysburg. Well Half Life is good . . . but the Xen levels suck. Still its the onlt FTS I will play. Most RTS suck-Starcraft and all RTS have universal winning strategy - RUSH! Which sucks after a while. Gettysburg is the only contradiction to those rules.
      "Beans, beans the magical fruit,
      the more you eat, the more you toot" - anonymous

Comment

Cool. I was given "Conquer the World," a box set containing "Colonization," "Transport Tycoon," "Railroad Tycoon Delux," and "Pirates! Gold," but I never opened it. Looks like its about time I did!

Great games, not yet mentioned:
        1) Starflight I & II.
        2) Sentinel Worlds I (there was no II)
        3) Machiavelli, the Prince
        4) Stunts
        5) Death Track
        6) Seawolf
        7) Strike Eagle II
        8) Emperor of the Fading Suns.
        [This message has been edited by Zkribbler (edited September 29, 1999).]

Comment

ELITEists -- I never got the point of the Elite. You buy some stuff at one planet and take it to another, where you sell it. Sure, occasionally, you get attacked by space pirates, but once you mount a powerful weapon to fire backwards, that problems pretty much taken care of. Yet I know there's an army of people who rave about the game. What am I missing.

------------------
          The chief cause of problems in the world today is solutions. ...Eric Severeid.

Comment

1. Fallout 2
            2. MOOII
            3. Imperialism II
            4. Heroes of M&M II
            5. SMAC
            6. Civ II
            666. Darkstone (not a pick of the week)

"The only problem I have with wind players is that is extends the length of their lives." --Virgel Thompson

Comment

Actually, I just started playing Colonization and it is pretty damn cool! Now all we need is for someone to update the graphics.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Some of the best for me were Civ1/Civ2, MOO, MOO2, MOM, Xcom, Galatic Civilizations (OS/2), RRT, Enterpeneur, HOMM2, SC/2000/3000, and Capitalism in no paticular order. In Honorable mention, T7G, and Detroit
                [This message has been edited by Du_Chateau (edited October 06, 1999).]

Comment

Bump

Comment

Civ2 of course.
                    And I really like F1GP2!
                    Nico

Comment

Working...
                    X