Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New King? They're both pretenders to the throne!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the list of suggestions for civ3 it seems as if the new king is finally being constructed...

Comment

We'll just have to see how far from the tree this apple falls. Unless they're willing to do something radically different (like, uh, movement rules ) it will likely just be a rehash of FW, SMAC, ToT, etc.

Comment

I have played SMAC exactly 2 times, and CTP exactly 5 times before dumping it in the trash can. Now I play BotF and that does have soem potential (although v1.o has a lot of bugs). Anyway I think that I'll just wait for ToT.
        Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

It is ironic, isn't it... waiting for months for the two "sequels" to Civ2, and finding that the best option is yet another re-vamp of the original... that is if ToT will be any good.

We can only hope.

Reading the list of ideas for CivIII, if only half of these ideas get implemented in the game, it will be awesome. I especially like the border thing...
          To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Actually, Mark L,

I did the same thing. Only played Smac and CTP couple of times - neither could hold my interest for very long...

Now I'm back to civ2 (desperately waiting for ToT ) and I just acquired RollerCoaster Tycoon - awesome game.

Comment

And ToT turned out to be nasty as well

Comment

Working...
              X