A potentially good game that went wrong - Jane's Fleet Command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A potentially good game that went wrong - Jane's Fleet Command

Parts of the interface and the idea and the scenario editor and the attention to detail (I mean, these people are THE JANE'S!), made by guys who do software for the Navy, all is good and fantastic.

And it's not as good as it should be. AI is absolutely not "I". The best way to win is to launch ALL aircraft from the carriers (NO ONE DOES THAT IN REAL LIFE!).

The "million missiles incoming, click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click, sh.it, some got through, oh another million, click click click click click click click click. Oh, you ran out of missiles - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! here go my choppers with 5 mile range missiles..." thing sucks.

Airplanes should be more automated. I actually have to micromanage them so that after firing a HARM at a Sovremenny class guided missile cruiser they don't FLY OVER THEM!!!

One thing that I like is ASW warfare. It's time consuming and sometimes boring, but oh what joy it is to pound the Akulas I just found with Mark 46's and Mark 50's!!! If, of course, the Akula doesn't find you first...which happens...

Has anyone else played this thing?
    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.
Working...
X