Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turn-based strategy vs real-time strategy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and remember... there are some out here who grew up on chess and bridge and go and... the list goes on and on. we were pre-puters. and, being one of the over fifty crowd, i no longer have the reflexes to compete at RT games. don't force TB games from the options of the future... if you live long enough, you'll lose your reflexes also, and welcome TB games with open arms.
    the3.14rt
    how can you be in two places at once
    when you're not anywhere at all?
    ---------------------------------
    We now return you to our regular programming...
    a thrilling tale from yesteryear...
    which is already in progress!!!

Comment

Stoel: IMO, Doom is better than Half-Life. Atmosphere of the old game can´t be compared to nothing. I remember losing nights and nights, 4 or 5 years ago...

I have Starcraft, am reasonably good at it (finished human and zerg campaign) but I don´t play it anymore. Not usually.

------------------
      "Politics are nothing but common sense applied to great things"
      Napoléon Bonaparte
      "The real is rational and the rational real"
      Georg Hegel
      "I'm really an american right-winger, i love the army and hate a forigners, communists, anarchists and ******s. I also belive in god and the american constitution."
      -Kropotkin
      I invented the question mark.
      -Imran Siddiqui
      TNapoleon
      Former Resident SidGamer
      Current Pandemonio.ORG Webmaster
      FOREIGN ADVISER - People's Republic of Off-Topic (PROT)

Comment

don Don: TA is Total Annihilation, a great game. It had tactics, as "rushing" didn't work against hill-top defences. And the nukes were huge.
        TNapoleon: Half-Life is much scarier. How many times did a Face Crab leap at your face or Bull Squid chuck you out of it's mouth in Doom?
        John III

Comment

RTS is fun for whiz bang kind of games. ITs sort of Arcade-like TBS although stuff like AoE is pretty cool. What RTS lacks is the ability to lean back, tweak your civilization, and really plan out not just your next attack, but the next five or six turns. With battles and RTS, you are so busy watching our unit deployment that you forget about your homebase. They are still a lot of fun, but empire building and constant tactical combat are hard to mix.
          And as to the overwhelming attack with 50 howitzers...look at the German blitkrieg..they did the same thing. The trick is maintaining adequate defenses, something the AI does very poorly sometimes.
          I love strategy games!!

Comment

Working...
          X