No announcement yet.

Cast your vote......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad the designers of SMAC let their names carry on their work than really trying to make a really good game that is more appealing than civ2. It was just plain laziness or idiotic thinking on their part. Too bad, SMAC could have been a great game. I never grew tired of playing civ2 over the years but playing SMAC even after a week or two - yikes! I took SMAC off my hard drive but I still have civ2. Well lesson learned, not just because of a designer's name you should buy a product. FIRAXIS I want a refund from your poor product!

Comment

I don't like what pythagoras said. Because the changes arn't what they should be, the game probly wouldn't be able to stand up as good without civ and civ2 holding it up. oh, and is CTP coming out tuesday????
      "War does not determine who is right,It determines who is left."
      -Crusher-

Comment

I cannot in good faith cast my vote for CTP after all its not here yet.But I can DEFINITELY say SMAC is not the game I expected.I AM a sci-fi fan,from the fantasical,raygun style of Hubbard through the hard science approach of Bear etc,but SMAC to me is decidely unexciting,I just can't relate to this game,oh how I wanted to,i really did,but its dull,dull,dishwater dull.
        I'm not paranoid I KNOW they're watching me
        EdCase

Comment

Greg Bear kicks ass. SMAC sucks.

Comment

SMAC is a great game, but I am tired of micromanagement which abounds in it. If they are smart the second Expansion Pack will make it into a historical game with chassis like Infantry, Chariots, Cavalry, Raft, Galley, Caravel, Dreadnought, Baloon, Biplane, and Aircraft. That would be awesome.:-)
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Just one thing to add to the discussion:
              I know that this seems like a rather primitive desire, but I really don't like isometric graphics! Am I the only one that feels that this is the main problem with the Civ games? (and one of the reasons that the original is still fun: simplicity.)
              Honor always finds a way...

Comment

Working...
              X