Alpha Centauri is not good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Centauri is not good

I played the demo...Very bad playability...some functions very difficult to find...Is Sid getting old ...or too rich ?
    And inventions are totally unrealistics...I will not buy it ! But civ mutiplayer is just great...I can't stop defeating peoples ...

paraclet what do you have against Sid and Alphi Centauri.

Yes the graphics were not the best but the game play is great!

Un realistic?!? It is in the future what do you expect!

Have you looked at CTP and some of its things there are even more unrealistic(not talking about the Eco-Terrorist)

Who cares if you don't buy it! Well I guess you beacuse you will have no one to play multiplayer with because they will all be playing SMAC

fred

P.S. SMAC is not very difficult. You think you are a Civ2 master but you can't even learn how to play SMAC.
    i am the great one:)
    and leader of the cow cult

Comment

Fred, no need to get so touchy, everyone has their own opinion. For the most part I agree with paraclet that the functions are difficult to find and the inventions seem a bit out there. I personally think Sid is getting to rich, btw . But this is really Brian Reynold's game... (or Brian Reynold's fault, depending on your point of view ).

However overall it's not a bad TBS, it's fun to play.

Red Trotskyite,
      POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Comment

I played the Demo, then played with the rules files

then I moved them over to the Zip drive

My opinion of Brian/Sid realy did not change
        Brian still makes a darned good TBS Game, but the AI needs work.

Comment

The inventions and tech are very realistic to what may happen in the future actually. CTP is actually less realistic. The playability is great. Also, SMAC has the best AI of any TBS game ever.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Except for Ethical Calculus.

Comment

Thats just one
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
              X