Franchise too big?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franchise too big?

With all these add-ons, have you lost trust in the Civilization franchise?I mean are you dissatisfied with that you have to buy a few new scenarios?Or are you mad that you have to have to spend money on new, pretty version of an old game engine?

Lodi, Apolyton CS
    "Truth against the world" - Eire

I dislike ToT and MGE, but I'm like SMAC and CtP.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Ok, about MGE, it is just the addition of multiplaying. But why TOT? It has some nice new ideas...

Markos Giannopoulos, Apolyton CS

Comment

I really would love to hear of any such additions. The only one so far was the possible ability to actually colonize AC due to a linked map.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

From Microprose's press release about TOT
          Animation => The world is now animated with units that move, work, fight and die. Inside the cities, an animated population works and plays, and even the buildings especially the Wonders of the World move and have great sound effects. Selected special terrain resources will also be animated buffalo graze
          and fish swim.

Linked Maps => The addition of multiple linked maps will significantly expand on the Civilization experience. Opening up nearly unlimited design possibilities, players can move between maps via special transport sites and city improvements. Some units will even have the designed-in ability to transport between maps.

Two New Worlds => Civilization II: The Test of Time offers three games in one. In addition to the original Civilization II world, an animated fantasy game based on the popular Midgard scenario from Civ II Fantastic Worlds and an animated science fiction alien threat game of survival colonization and ultimately the conquest of an entire solar system, are featured. These are not scenarios; they are true worlds within the game.

Markos Giannopoulos, Apolyton CS

Comment

The new additions (in TOT) don't address the main complaints about Civ2:

1. Poor AI subroutines and exploitable bugs

2. Poor interface druring mid and late game (city micro-management)

Most gamers would be happy with a Civ3 that was basically the same game with imporvements in these factors. Oh and an AI that gets more difficult (in play style!) as advertised by MP for Civ2.

Comment

Working...
            X