Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• give units to AI possible ?

Hi,
    Is it possible to give military units to the AI (like in CIV2)?
    Vollendete Tapferkeit besteht darin, ohne Zeugen zu tun, was man vor aller Welt zu tun vermoechte.

I wish it was because then the diplomacy would be close to perfect.

Comment

Technically it's possible with SLIC (Alexander the Great scenario already uses it in a primitive form a few times), but I'm not sure if the diplomacy model can handle it: it might be tough for the AI to determine what a good deal is and what a bad one (not even sure on how to tie it into the diplomacy model actually, but I think it's possible).
      [This message has been edited by Locutus (edited February 04, 2001).]
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I must say that I really miss the "Bribe Unit" thing that you had in Civ. Maybe that's been taken out because players such as myself used to buy the entire enemy armies.

But I belief that Civ already had an effective counter measure and that was that you could only bribe single units, not whole stacks (or even a single unit stacked with one other).

Hmm, but maybe this needs to go into the CIV3 wish list, rather than here.

------------------
        Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
        Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Comment

Why not! Not only diplomacy will be perfect, but it will help your allies civ to fight your enemy civ. As i don't like fact of bribing enemy units, i think it will be ideal to buy or sell units from other civ. Big mistake that the designer didnt think of this.
          [This message has been edited by leonli316 (edited March 06, 2001).]
          leonli316

Comment

Working...
          X