Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got my copy of CTP2!

i got CTP-2 from someone on e-bay

what kind of manuals are supposed to be with it?

it only has a small manual that fits in the CD case.

i'm asking because the original CTP-1 came with a huge book-style manual

-----------

also, i'm having a hard time learning CTP-2!

it seems to be more like the earlier games from the Civ series, and not like CTP-1

(i hate the earlier civ series games, including Civ2:ToT)

its too bad that CTP-1 won't work with the infamous Med-Pack!!
    (NOONE was ever able to complete a full Med-Pack game)

well, just thought i'd speak my mind
    peace

there's supposed to be a small manual bought 70 pages with it.I never played CTP1 so to me it seems way different then civ2 asnd how can you hate civ2??!

------------------
    " mind over body "
    Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

And I bet the package had a Maylasian postmark. You have one of those southeast asian pirate copies. You should have a manual as thick as a cd case and a tech tree poster that is around 2' x 3'. I'd say about 30% of the software on eBay is pirated.
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Yes, that's probably it. Trust me, I live in Singapore, and I frequently go to Malaysia...

------------------
        phoenixcager of the Civgaming Network.
        Visit the CGN forums.

Comment

****... are you serious??

It came from Thailand

I thought it was strange because i sent the payment to California

because of that, i scanned the entire disc with McAfee, and then with PC-Cillan
          It came up clean both times so i installed it and everything seems to work fine

is there any sure way to tell if its a copy?
          (the disc has the CTP2 graphic, its not a sticker or anything)

what should i do now?

by the way,
          the main reason i didn't like Civ2:ToT was because you can't stack units like in CTP.
          the graphics didn't impress me either

Comment

It's no big deal, really. A lot of the pirated software works ok, these days. It's just that you probably paid a lot more for it than what someone in these parts would (About $6).

Of course, the legal issue is something else altogether.

I guess the only way to tell if it's a pirated copy is from stuff like whether it comes with the proper accessories: manual, tech tree etc. These days you can't really tell by looking at the disk.

------------------
            phoenixcager of the Civgaming Network.
            Visit the CGN forums.

Comment

well, i already paid for it so as long as it works, i'm cool with it

does anyone have a digital camera?
              would you be willing to do me a favor?

hang the CTP2 tech tree on your wall and take a picture of it, just so i have something to look at.

back when i played CTP-1, i used the tech tree so much that i memorized it! so i'd really appreaciate it!

make the resolution as large as possible, and send to my275form@hotmail.com

thanks

Comment

the manual can be found here http://apolyton.net/ctp2/info/docs/Manual_1.shtml

the tech tree in pdf format can be found here http://apolyton.net/cgi-bin/ctp2/db/review.cgi?ID=551

Comment

thanks MarkG

guess i should have looked first

but still... i'd rather have a visual tech tree... rather than .pdf format

but the PDF is a lot better than nothing!

Comment

Working...
                  X