Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unit Pathfinding knows where the AI will be.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit Pathfinding knows where the AI will be.

In my current game I set a small army of archers to move along a river to an american city. The river was going diagonally bottom right to top left with forest all along it. The Path that was set went along it then around 2/3 of the way through it it went straight left into forest one tile then went north one tile back onto the river and on up to Boston. I meant to change it but got distracted with the pesky english. When it got to the tile of river where it turned off into the forest it stopped and a barbarian warrior moved up against it to block it's further movement along the river so it had to move into the forest! it knew 5 turns before where the barbarian would be! Is this just a coincidence or has anyone else seen this?

------------------
    " mind over body "
    Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

I have seen this happen a number of times but I hadn't twigged. Thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
    X