How many oblisks does a guy need!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many oblisks does a guy need!?!?

Ive looked down a bit and havent seen any posts talking about a scientific victory. And since the readme, manual, and great library all suck as far as documentation goes maybe someone here can help me. Can you just give me a semi detailed description on what you have to do. I was playing the game and time was running short so I had to rush and buy all the things that I needed. Once I built all the required improvements and oblisks nothing happened. So what do I have to do the win the Sci-Fi victory. Do I have to cover the whole world with oblisks. Do I have to flip a coin. Do I have to whip my butt with that section of the manual. Why does the official site say that colonizing the sea is pivotal to winning the science victory. I did that and also built an oblisk there but alas I still didnt win. I aslo for some reason was never able to build a fusion plant in any of my cities and they had both a nuclear plant and an oil refinery. What do I do?

Also I saw that there was a place in the score for cities over size 100! I cant get them over 60 with all improvements but the security thingy. Whats up with that?

And why do I have war discontent when Im not at war? Ugg
    [This message has been edited by fatboy76 (edited January 09, 2001).]

Thanks dude. Now how about that otherstuff?

Comment

Can someone tell my why there is a spot in the score tally for cities that are over 100. I can only get a city to up to 60 with all the improvements.

Comment

This is from the Patch 1.1 Readme (where they admitted that they forgot to tell us how to win the science victory).

How to Win Through Science
        Only a truly advanced and careful leader can master the Science Victory. To succeed you must:
        1) Research 'Gaia Controller'
        2) Complete the Wonder 'The Solaris Project'
        3) Build at least 10 Computer Cores and 10 Gaia Satellites
        4) Cover 60% of the map with Obelisks
        ** This includes ocean area too. You may only build on territory controlled by you or an ally.
        ** Building more Gaia Satellites than the minimum will increase the area of effect of each Obelisk. Max Satellites = 20.
        5) Initiate the Gaia Controller
        6) Hold your cities and Obelisks for 10 turns

Comment

Working...
        X