X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyped, for 7000gp and $40!!!!

It gets worse every night.

First, there is the do-nothing AI.

Then, there is the poor gamescience of city morale.

But now - I have an embassy with the Mexican government. They have a city that would work really well for my coming war with china. However, the rest of the world likes me and I don't want to pick on the tinest nation, so I ask for the city, and offer them 7000gp for it. And, to by delight, they accept!

Only nothing changes. The damn city just stands there, in mexican colors. I try to march a diplomat in and it dosn't let me. For all purposes, its still a mexican city.

But I've lost my gold. How many flipping number of ways can you screw a game up, Activision? Do you even test all your logic paths? Or are you too busy making changes, typing the rule book, and stuffing it in Santas slegh to really bother to check your shoddy work?

Furthermore, I wrote a friendly letter to their support staff, politily asking if they were aware that their AI is causing a lot of player unhappyness. I included a link to these forums. Then they asked what level I was playing, and I discribed my entire game to them. Then they asked (AGAIN!) about my game (the replys were right on the email - I guess they were too busy with high error volumn to look!) so I repeated myself (thank you, Cut and Paste). And then, for a finale, they sent me A LINK TO THIS FORUM, AND TOLD ME THAT MAYBE I COULD FIND A WAY TO TUNE UP THE AI HERE.

THATS IT, I'M DONE WITH IT.

I'll look on the base from time to time, but otherwise, I've had it with shoddy programs that are flung out the door with quality issues so very obvious in less than an hour's play. I'm tired of Bradygames stupid stratagy book that tells all sorts of useless information about how to beat the AI, with nothing in it about ways you might make the AI beat you (you lazy suck-up lapdogs). My time is worth a great deal of money, and I'm through spending it as a gratus consultant/programmer/tester for this absolute rip-off.

And, no, I'm not going to try to play the game diplomatically.

------------------
    Bluevoss-
    Bluevoss-

Yes, I have had the same problem. I baught the city and it wasn't handed over. I just thaught that I was missing something? Maybe I had to put a slaver in there or there is something else required? I don't know. All I know is that I was shattered beyond all control when I lost my money and had no city

------------------
    It's better to close your mouth and let everyone 'think' you're stupid, than open it and let everyone 'know' you are.
    www.ezone.com - Webmaster & Pagebuilder Community
    Free banner advertising & URL forwarding!
    Community - Chat - Forum

Comment

I had the same problem but with trading tech. they would accept the trade but I got nothing in return.

the only solution I could come up with is save everytime before you make a propsal to anthor nation.

Davor

Comment

Working...
      X