issues with diplomacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woohoo! My first post.

I've never really had a problem with the AI not doing diplomacy. When I first started playing CTP2 I did but then I decided to imitate the US way of diplomacy (no insult intended here BTW). I just stuck my nose into everything and used the arrogant tone. I even stuck my nose into other nations wars. To start with the other nations ignored me or got annoyed, but after I had muskets/tanks/ships-of-line before any of them they started listening and agreeing. Then pretty soon they were all initiating diplomacy with me (and from what I could tell each other). Pretty much I acted like the US as world mediator, bullying everyone to my way and before you know it I had diplomatic victory before aircraft.

------------------
    Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

Martock.

What changes did you do?. I would also like the AI to make cease fires and peace with other AI.

I think this is possible with slic. We need to create a database with new functions that do useful stuff for diplomacy. There is great potential to do small functions that do diverse things like diplomacy.

"If you want something done as you want it to be done you have to do it yourself"

/Mathias

Comment

Working...
      X