Save The Legions!!! Listen to the people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save The Legions!!! Listen to the people

If you think that the legion should be put in ctp2 post in this thread...

Come on can we just get the legion unit on a patch?

please, if this thread gets a lot of posts can you put the legion back?

You are absolutely right! The legion belongs in any civ game and should be in ctp2. I don't understand why activision changed units like that!? If it was a copyright issue, then why did they keep other units?

Bring back the legion and the chariot too!!!

------------------
    No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Ave!

I absolutely agree! Legions must be bring back into this game! I decry their absence in the first post I've made concerning that game. How could be that one of the most infuential military unit in history is not in a civilisation game? It prevail on the battlefield longer than any other military unit! 400+ years isnt worth enough to be included?

Bring back the Legion please, I really missed them.

------------------
      Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit
      Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit

Comment

If you want a realatively simple way to have a Legion and don't necessarily want the Samurai, do the following:

Open "newsprite.txt" in your default gamedata folder and look for "SPRITE_SWORDSMAN" (that's what the Activision programmers called samurai). Change the number next to it to "83". Save and close.

Open "uniticon.txt" and scroll down to the section for units (you'll see terrain, advances, etc.). In the units section look for "ICON_UNIT_SWORDSMAN". You'll notice a bunch of text entries for the unit going from left to right. You'll also notice such entries as "UPUP###L.tga", "UPUP###A.tga", and "UPUP###B.tga". Change all instances of the number that already exists for swordsman (I forget what it is) to "083" (there have to be three numbers). Make sure you scroll all the way from left to right to look for all instances of those entries (I believe there are a total of 4) and change them. Save and close.

Open the gamedata folder in the "english" folder. Open "gl_str.txt". Look for the units section and find swordsman again. Change the entry in quotes from "Samurai" to "Legion". Save and close.

Now you will have a legion instead of Samurai.

If you want to change its combat values and when it is available, open the "Units.txt" file in the default gamedata folder. Scroll down until you find "UNIT 64" "UNIT_SWORDSMAN". Near the beginning of the entry for swordsman there will be some numbers for its "Defense" and "Attack" values. You may also change the "Armor" and "Firepower" for the unit. Change the numbers if you'd like. If you want the unit to cost more or less to build, change the "ShieldCost" number. If you want the unit to cost more or less to support, change the "ShieldHunger" entry. If you want to change when Legion becomes available scroll down to where it says "EnableAdvance" and change the advance to whatever you want. It must be in all caps and be proceeded by "ADVANCE_". You may just want to leave it as "IRON_WORKING".

Hope this works.

Enjoy!

Comment

-
          [This message has been edited by The Kaiser (edited December 26, 2000).]

Comment

I agree, and whilst they're at it how about throwing a Chariot in as well!

Comment

Gotta agree on the chariots. They are far more important that horse archers. They should be an earlier version of unit that is faster than inf but slower than cav.

How the heck can I historically cream the Egyptians without chariots. And who ever heard of mass groups of horse archers making a differnce?

Bluevoss-

Comment

Have U ever heard of the Mongol Horde ( Famous Horse Archers,a bit later in history)

Comment

It is hard to play a civ game without legions and chariots. It just doesn't seem natural. It seems as though CTP is trying to be less western-European-centric by including a more diverse group of units. However noble tat may be, I find little emotional attachment to samuri and horse archers and definitely miss legions.

Comment

I dunno if the horde were all archers, but I'm on shaky ground here. I figure that they had archer auxileries, but I don't think they were used fully as horse archers.

Chariots are far cooler, anyway. I remember some of my early civ games, with my chariots and road networks... Ah, those days... Barbarians learned to stay away from me.

Then Microprose loosened the lug nuts on the chariots and the fun went out...

------------------
                    Bluevoss-
                    Bluevoss-

Comment

I know dude, but then the game won't work for mp games

Comment

I mostly play the Romans and i miss my legions

------------------
                        History is written by the victor.

Comment

I never play Romans and I dont care about a legion being there or not.

Listen to the people and make proper tanks and not just this standard meta tanks. Do some Tigers and Panthers and Leopards and Abrams!

ATa

Comment

Working...
                          X