X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by pchang on 12-14-2000 02:52 PM
    Mr. Wolf,
    In the creation threads, it turns out that part of what makes the AI better at harder levels, is giving it more time to calculate its moves. This would indicate that playing the game on a more powerful machine would also result in better AI performance. Have you noticed any difference in AI ability on the laptop vs. the desktop?

I'm not certain if I'm the 'Mr. Wolf' in the above. However, I haven't noticed a difference in the AI yet. I've not finished a laptop game either. The first game I tried, I either messed up and accidentally hit the 'embargo' button in the diplomacy window, or the AI invented this embargo and everyone hated me when I had only 3 cities or so. Two neighbouring civs started to beat the heck out of me. Since diplomacy wasn't seeming to give me the option of lifting the embargo on any of the offers, I decided to restart a new game. I just hit the AD years in the new game, and I've not had AI Problems yet. I plan to try for the Gaia victory again, so I'll let you know if it doesn't work there either.
    "Nature abhors a moron." -- H. L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
    X