Cruise Missiles...argh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Missiles...argh

Let me first say that I was a rabid Civ I/II fan and while I skipped CTP1, the sequel CTP2 is giving me loads entertainment.

Unfortunately, I have one suggestion/complaint. Cruise missiles seem very weak an ineffective. For example, I had four submarines, each equipped with two cruise missiles, stationed off my enemy's coastline. When the time came I did a co-ordinated cruise missile strike against two major cities (each were defended by tanks). The first pair of cruise missiles were targeted at a group of tanks outside the city. To my dismay the missiles seemed to have no effect! Not only was that incredibly frustrating but it was a waste of two good missiles! The remaining missiles struck the city and didn't seem to do any damage. This got me to thinking that I am missing something...

A nice feature to have would be a list of units defending a target city that could be selected for a cruise missile attack. After the attack you'd receive a report of what units were damaged...just a thought.

The health meter shows the combined health of all units in a stack. If you bombard a stack with several units, it may not seem as if you did much damage, when in fact you severly damaged one or two units in the stack.
    You would have to attack the stack directly, and notice the health of the individual units at the start of the battle to see exactly what impact your missiles had.
    You could also attack a lone unit with them to see what effect they are having.

Comment

Working...
    X