Yatermie's Play-by-Play...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool Mad-Kat
    I've a classic 850 Athlon with 256 RAM running at 133mhz on Win98SE (unspecified swap-file size) with a GeForce DDR. Next week or the week after I should be ordering a 64MB Prophet Ultra (GeForce 2 GTS), although not really for CTP purposes.
    heh
    I don't suspect that will improve 2-D performance (it might help refresh rate at higher resolutions), but I can't NOT have it. Mainly for Q3 usage, really.
    =o

Comment

I mean the AI is slow. I ended my last turn and it only finished after I had jumped on the other comp, loaded IE, went to the forums, read the newest messages in this thread and had time to write to "slow".

must be taking 20-30 seconds a pop. I'm thinking of installing on the good comp actually. I'm not used to having to run a TBS on this one.
      I don't care how many times you poke it, a bronze spear will not destroy a tank.

"Do you want sarcasm with that?" - Wally

Comment

I havent got the game yet but my suggestions are based on what I know about CTP. Since CTP2 uses almost the exact engine as CTP1 one would assume memory usage and handling would be similar. When I first got CTP1 it was impossible playing it, turns would just take forever at the later parts of the game. When I upgraded my memory to 128 Mb the game ran fine. I have a P2 233Mhz computer. I would suggest getting more ram, 64 just isn't enough.
        Monkey I am proud to be!
        Trim the sails and roam the sea!
        Trim the sails and roam the sea!
        ...Stefu

Comment

995 AD now.. I captured the two american cities that were closest to me. Theres a couple more half way across my continent, but they arn't near a city so I didn't really care about those.

I paid em for a cease-fire.. 10k got it.. I don't really use my gold so its not a biggie for me.

Just got machine gunners too.. well..
          thats it for now..
          I don't care how many times you poke it, a bronze spear will not destroy a tank.

"Do you want sarcasm with that?" - Wally

Comment

Working...
          X