Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th POLL: What kind of scenarios would you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a REALLY K-E-W-L Scenario..Lets call it the "Dumbito El Deuce"...and being a scenario...its based on BIG 'Ole Dumb-Butts..who bang there head against Walls..like the Fictious City of Activision...Now they could have the option of moving on toward another city but all they do is Bang them thar Hard Hollow Heads..lets say that the leader of this Dumb-Butt Clan is..hmm..a really simple Name....like DAVE!!..yeah and they are from a southern Region..well the "Big 'Ole Dumb-Butt Dave Insists on attacking Activision...but to no avail...

The Fictious City of Activision had previously made an error..in the construction of the wall..but has since learned and now has a superior wall....and Loyalist subjects...like DrDanger....Fervently and Passionatly Defend The City of Activision....and dump pails of Dung on those who would attempt to Dishonor her!!!!!!!

LOL..what ya think..eh?..c'mon..wouldnt this be a great scenario?

P.S....
    I do hope that all you folks understand this would be only a scenario..because I'm sure this would stir too much controversy within the "Big 'Ole Dumb-butts community"

JUST FOOLIN.....

God Bless

Brother Bruce

DrDanger..
    The current Red October..The Former Patton!!

Quote Just like my hero from Texas)

Over the Hills and thru the wooods..

A Humorous Bone I seek

Comment

How about an Inquisition scenario? You'd have a civilization of witches who win if they convert the capitol city (Madrid, eg); the Spaniards win if they exterminate the witches.

The witches would have bizarre mostly stealth type attacks with unpredictable results...turning soldier units into cattle, cursing land so it yields no resources, or cursing units to paralyze them or give a combat penalty for a few rounds.

In more general terms, a scenario where the different civs have very different units, so that the idea of combat changes depending on what civ you're playing. This gets away from the "the Cubans are just like the Americans only with different city names and pictures" problem.

Comment

I want to see scenarios to be included like - The crusades, ww1, ww2, the high of the cold war and it turning hot. the breaking up of yugoslavia, and a war between India and Pakistan since they both got nukes and and have nearly already been at full scale war. in short i want to see a scenario with lots of warfare! what dose everyone else thing about these examples?

Comment

My current level: Deity once. Emperor numerous.

Scenarios are great - would love to see:

WWII: Everybody want to kick Adolph's butt - this scenario must be executed brilliantly.

Future battles in space: Space cities and all associated units. Must be great fun.

Namaste
          Johnny

Comment

would love to see the Scenarios to the WWI & WWII.

hmmm... maybee the "Dark Time" in 400 A.D.
            KEEP EVIL SMILE }:-)

Comment

I really enjoy scenarios and would like to see a number of them created in all areas. Some ideas:

WWII a must.

MAD - India/Pakistan is intriguing, Cold War, Middle East.

Age of Exploration

Crusades

Dark Ages
              “The American people have now spoken, but it’s going to take a little while to determine exactly what
              they said.” — President Clinton

Comment

Classical Greece: the Persian invasions and the Peloponnesian War

Nuclear Scenarios: the Cuban Missile Crisis

------------------

[This message has been edited by SorvinoBackhand (edited October 24, 2000).]
                [This message has been edited by SorvinoBackhand (edited October 24, 2000).]

Comment

When is the fifth pole coming up?

I can't wait to click on a button with VOTE on it (I'm not an American and election in the Netherlands are still two years away, so I must have some substitute on this site)

Bye,

Bartemans
                  http://home.hccnet.nl/stolte.1

Bartemans was here
                  home.hccnet.nl/stolte.1

Comment

I want all kinds of scenarios, but I voted for fantasy because I've never seen a fantasy scenario. I also want lots of extra units and governments in my scenarios. Civ has too few governments, and more units always spice up the game.
                    "It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-Man affected kids born in the 80's we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music."

Comment

WWII is a must.
                      ==========================
                      www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

final results
                        CTP2: What kind of scenarios would you like?
                        OptionVotes / Percentage
                        Historical, Ancient 37 / 20%
                        Historical, Middle Ages 29 / 15%
                        Historical, Modern Times 70 / 38%
                        Fictional 17 / 9%
                        Fantasy 31 / 16%
                        Total Votes: 184
                        View Comments

[This message has been edited by MarkG (edited October 29, 2000).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by LooseWasp on 10-12-2000 12:58 PM
                          How about an Inquisition scenario? You'd have a civilization of witches who win if they convert the capitol city (Madrid, eg); the Spaniards win if they exterminate the witches.

The witches would have bizarre mostly stealth type attacks with unpredictable results...turning soldier units into cattle, cursing land so it yields no resources, or cursing units to paralyze them or give a combat penalty for a few rounds.

In more general terms, a scenario where the different civs have very different units, so that the idea of combat changes depending on what civ you're playing. This gets away from the "the Cubans are just like the Americans only with different city names and pictures" problem.

I wouldn't mind something along those lines, except that it would feed into the popular misconception that the killing of "witches" was primarily an undertaking of the Catholic Inquisitions.

Fact is, more "witch" executions were the results of backwater secular courts, in areas where there was very limitted central or church authority. In those fewer cases where the Catholic Church was involved, the penalty was rarely death. Death penalty was usually limitted to unrepentant heretics.

Which isn't to say that lots of people used the Church as an excuse for their criminal hysteria, but to blame the Church for actions they would not condone is irresponsible.

By the way, I grew up Catholic but have been agnostic all my adult life, so I think my view is a fair one.

Comment

NO NONSENSE DINOSAUR scenarios!! No Creepy Fiction !

More scenarios that may also lend themselves to editing because they have GREAT UNITS and a GREAT MAP!

What I'd like:

1) Ancient - Greek Civ (both Alexander & Athens) and Roman Civ versus all those "other guys".

2) Medieval - Italian city states on verge of rennaisance and also the Crusades! Especially Crusades 1-4.

3) Modern - Napoleon! US Civil War and the World War 1 and 2 scenarios.

Please?

------------------

'Blood will run'
                            'Blood will run'

Comment

Working...
                            X