X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6th POLL: Delay CTP2 if buggy?

results below
    [This message has been edited by MarkG (edited November 15, 2000).]

Well the answer here is obvious I guess.

To all people asking for an immediate release: What use would that be when the game crashes every 20th turn, when some features are missing, what fun is there?

Ata

Comment

even for the most obvious questions, it's always good to have a survey...

Comment

We've waited this long. We can wait longer to make sure we get a good game.

------------------
        - MKL
        "And of course Henry The Horse dances the waltz!"
        Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org celebrates it's First Birthday! All welcome.
        - mkl

Comment

I absolutely agree. What I wouldn't like is to have dozens of things to fix after the release.
          "Que me odien, con tal de que me teman". Caligula.

Comment

Well, there is no such thing as "no bugs". All software has bugs in it. However, I would really like to see CTP2 reasonably bug free. And by "reasonably bug free" I just want you to understand that Windows 3.0 & Windows 95/98 don't qualify. Windows 95 OSR2 counts, as does Windows 3.1 and OS/2 2.x, and Windows NT 4.0 with SP6 installed. Office 2K doesn't qualify, if ya know what I mean.

So my vote was not for "No bugs" but rather "Not like CTP". Not that our opinions matter, Activision will dump CTP2 on the market for the Christmas "spending orgy" whether or not it's ready to be released.

------------------
            Big Dave

My karma ran over my dogma.
            Any flames in this message are solely in the mind of the reader.

Comment

Right now we already know the game will need at least one patch to fix the no PBEM/Hotseat, yet Activision is going to release it anyways. History is repeating just like with CTP1, yet we do this to ourselves because we will buy this game anyways, and Activision knows they will get our money so why do they care about releasing a quality game. Then we will all moan and complain and wish and dream and pray for a patch that won't come and the only person we have to blame is ourselves for buying the game to begin with. Yes I expect a patch with any game because the developer can't find all the problems, but I also don't expect a game to be released missing required features and known bugs. Or do like Aaron Hall did with SEIV, release the game without everything due to popular demand, but guarantee the missing features in a later patch. That made everyone happy.

Comment

There should be no question. Other companies have no problem releasing games way after the proposed date to create a QUALITY product. Why does Activision have this problem?

Comment

final results
                  CTP2: Delay if buggy?
                  OptionVotes / Percentage
                  No, release it today, fix the bugs later! 7 / 4%
                  No, keep the schedule 11 / 7%
                  Yes, if it is in the same state CTP1 was on its release 64 / 41%
                  Yes, until there are no bugs! 71 / 45%
                  Dont know/Dont care 2 / 1%
                  Total Votes: 155| View Comments

[This message has been edited by MarkG (edited November 15, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                  X