view city coomand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• view city coomand

in the latest screens i saw a view city button (first image) what do you think it mean
    and a question for the actigrammer/dsigner is it like in civ2 view city command
    WHAT IS LIFE AND WHERE DOES IT COME FROM?
    GOI-FONG-TZA ZENMASTER

I would certainly love a city view.

Bye,

Bartemans
    http://home.hccnet.nl/stolte.1
    Bartemans was here
    home.hccnet.nl/stolte.1

Comment

yeah, they have a city view for the cities and a 'goal' button for the science advances. two things i missed from civ 2. its still a shame that there is no longer a throne room.

------------------
      "Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."
      -Michael Sinz

Comment

BUT THERE IS A THRONE ROOM it is called the monuments screen

------------------
        GOI-FONG-TZA ZENMASTER
        GOI-FONG-TZA ZENMASTER

Comment

by the way how can you be sure about what you said nemo

------------------
          GOI-FONG-TZA ZENMASTER
          GOI-FONG-TZA ZENMASTER

Comment

ZENMASTER - The buttons are shown in the latest screenshots. See the corresponding thread, or main CTPII page. You are right, though, we don't really know what the "city View" will be.
            [This message has been edited by Slax (edited October 19, 2000).]

Comment

Zenmaster, I remember a post where someone from Activision tell that monument screen is gone, because "none like it in CTP" (disclaimer: it's not my personal opinion, I never played CTP).

They explained that they can't bring back the CIV 1 Castle screen (lot of players asked for it) because of copyrights, so they decided to cut the whole thing.

Of course I don't know if they changed their mind since that post, but I doubt.
              "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
              - Admiral Naismith

Comment

question to markos or an activision man/woman i wanted to know if what adm. naismith said is true is there really no monuments/castle/throne or whatever screen??

------------------
                GOI-FONG-TZA ZENMASTER
                GOI-FONG-TZA ZENMASTER

Comment

yes, it is true that hter is no throne room.
                  activision stated it in the forum in an earlier post. i remember becasue i was rather upset about the issue. they claim that there is nothing better than the original civ's castle, but what they failed to realize is the reason why. htey reason nothing else compared to the castle is not that the castle was the ultimate, but becasue it was customizeable. each section had 3 choices with every upgrade. and teh throne room of civ 2 and the whatever room of ctp both didn't have this customization, and it killed the whole concept/fun of the castle/room deal.
                  it was posted at the following thread:
                  http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum35/HTML/000113.html

and i remmeber it somewhere else too, like a gaming review site, but not sure whcih one.

------------------
                  "Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."
                  -Michael Sinz

Comment

Working...
                  X