Will hitler reign again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will hitler reign again?

Does anyone know if the fascist unit and fascist goverment are going to be available in CTP2? That was one thing that i liked about the first CTP was the historical accuracy of all the different goverments of that time, it just made it seem like you where really reliving history.

You are right, except for one point:

Science was rated awful under communism, but in the SU, science went certainly not awful. After all, the Soviets sent Sputnik I and Gagarin in orbit. I think certain scientific progress had to be made since Von Braun's V2. (The Americans had lots of those things too, including the major scientists)

So if historical accurate, science under communism should be rated as average. But from a game point of view, communism would have been too powerful in an early stage of the game. (And the average American would not really lik it

Bye,

Bartemans
    http://home.hccnet.nl/stolte.1
    Bartemans was here
    home.hccnet.nl/stolte.1

Comment

I agree with you thet the communism scientific personell did a good job in SU,but I can`t say that Cuba and other communism countries has done the best scientific work, still I would also say that science should be at average level in communism.
      But I don`t think that has to much to say.What is the terminal effect of science is how much gold you bring in.
      Thats what I like about CTPII,they are separating gold and science.
      The samurai has spoken

Comment

America didnt have all the major Scientists! Many of them were germans who fled from the NAZI Regime, or after the war were offered jobs in the US.
        Without von Braun and all the others the US wouldnt have made one single missle launch into the orbit!
        Cause you know the Navy was first given the chance to send missles into space but they sucked and failed! Then this job was offered to von Braun who made it finally! (and his team of course).

Ata

Comment

I think we have to bear in mind that with the enormous population of the Soviet Bloc they managed to remain competitive in only one broad field of science (military) and maintained their public image of equality in the space race when in truth their technology was considerably cruder. The democratic nations were meanwhile expanding their knowledge on all fronts. Arguably the Soviets could have excelled further at science if their economy was not so horribly inefficient. I thought CTP modelled the interdependance of wealth and scientific advantage quite well.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

I think that facism should have a low science rating.They usually loose all the smart people.
            (like Oppenheimer and Albert Einstein)
            The samurai has spoken

Comment

Grumbold

I see your point, and it doesn`t sound so stupid either.
              What I felt was wrong, was if you wanted to change government becuase you wanted more science. Looking at science almost didn`t have anything to do with it
              The samurai has spoken

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Atahualpa on 10-13-2000 10:12 AM
                America didnt have all the major Scientists! Many of them were germans who fled from the NAZI Regime, or after the war were offered jobs in the US.
                Without von Braun and all the others the US wouldnt have made one single missle launch into the orbit!
                Cause you know the Navy was first given the chance to send missles into space but they sucked and failed! Then this job was offered to von Braun who made it finally! (and his team of course).

Ata

Ata, you forget the fact that the US and the USSR "split" the scientists captured at Penemunde (sp?), where is where the US got von Braun and the Soviets got some of their big brains.

You also neglect the fact that the Dyna Soar program was alive and well until Sputnik made it's debut in 1956. The US was working on a re-usable solution even back then, because it made more sense. The decision to switch over to the Mecury program was an emotional one, not a logical one. And we have (obviously) reverted to the re-usable space plane concept with the Space Shuttle, albeit with much of the technology from the Apollo program.

------------------
                Big Dave

My karma ran over my dogma.
                Any flames in this message are solely in the mind of the reader.

Comment

I didnt deny the fact that it is advanced now! But what it is now didnt grew in your garden solely

ATa

Comment

Atahualpa,

I do mean those German rocketscientists fleeing to the US. They (von Braun and his staff) put the technology (rocketcomponents) and important documents in a cave, went to a boat and not long after that, they saw an American vessel. Their escape plan worked. If con Braun and his team did not go to the US themselves, some secret special forces would have convinced them to go (operation paperclip was already going on. the mission: take V-2 technology and the scientists)

So far the history of today. This is what I meant in my first reply. The US had the major scientists of the German rocketprograms.
                    Bartemans was here
                    home.hccnet.nl/stolte.1

Comment

get back on the original topic or continue your discussion in the OT forum

thanks

Comment

Way to go Mark

How bout including the V-2 rocket into the game.It could be one of those weapons only allowed by fanatic civs.
                        The samurai has spoken

Comment

Working...
                        X