Multiplayer CTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer CTP

I have played a few CTP MP games and CTP could have been much better if the option to carry over unused time would have worked correctly.

The ability to cumulate a few seconds here and there into a sizable amount and be able to spend at a particular turn to launch an invasion or something else would have mean overall faster play without sacrifying quality.

I can't believe this is a big change and it would add tremendously to the game.

I usually play MP games.But don`t like to play with a cartain amount of time each turn.We just play the oridnary style, where you can spend as much time as you like.I thing civilization is one of those games where its important to not do things to fast.If everyone in the game just move their units,end the turn,and then start building new improvements/units,fixing trade routes etc,it doesn`t take that long time until its your turn.
    a much better solution than have to do things to fast
    The samurai has spoken

Comment

I agree that it is nice to play a game taking all you're time but that translate for a game with 4 players, 500 turns at a quick pace of 3 minutes / turn to: 4 X 500 X 3 minutes = 6000 minutes or 100 hours of play, at 4 hours a night, 25 full nights.

Few players i know including myself can commit to that and in my opinion is the main reason behind the fact that CTP saw very little action in MP games.

Players that wants to play without a timer are welcome to do so but the inclusion of a timer with a real carry over option would give the opportunity to a lot more players to play.

The carry over option is important because it gives you the ability to set a quick pace for the game without sacrifying quality, saving a few seconds every turn and being able to spend it at a particular turn to launch an invasion or engage into diplomatic negociations.

AND I REALLY FAIL TO UNDERSTAND WHY NOBODY GIVES A DAMM ABOUT IT, well i guess nobody cares about mp games.

Comment

hehe, seems like we are the only ones caring for mp games. Even though this is a lot more fun.The wars are a bit more difficult cause you are actually fighting a human brain and so on.The AI does some stupid things now and then.
        I see your point in saving time to use this when you realy need it, but then I think you would get at least an hour after some time. In the beginning, you never use more than 30 sec if you spend your time right.
        I don`t know how much time you play with, but lets say 90 secs (since 3min seemed to take so long). You could save 1 minute for lets say the 20 first turns.I refuse to believe that your games would have taken less time than mine.I have been playing up to four players,and as I remember, it has never taken any more time than about 40hours,wich I think is a minimum for a really long civilization joy ride
        The samurai has spoken

Comment

It doesn't matter if you accumulate a lot of time, this system rewards good time management and you will need the time later in the game when there is a lot to do.

Comment

Working...
          X