Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Next Succession Game! But first, a Vote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep, yep, yep, yep.
    Waiting on a Sunday afternoon, for what I read between the lines, your lies. Feelin' like a hand in rusted shame, so do you laugh or does it cry, reply?

Comment

Can I suggest though, that 11 players is too much. Each player will only get about 2-3 goes, and its too slow. With 11 people willing to play, we could set up two more now...
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

So whats the plan then lads? One game or two? Not sure how the email multiplayer game works but we could have a multiplayer succession game hehe

Dave
        Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Comment

Okay - I'll be sending the file to the first player tonight, and you guys can run with it.

By the way, even with 11 players, I think you'll still have more than 2-3 rounds each. Unless, you conquer the world, there are 900 turns in a game that lasts until 2300AD. That's enough for around 5 or 6 15-turn rounds each person.

------------------
          My reach exceeds my grasp!
          My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

The player order the same as that email list you published?

Dave
            Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Comment

Just a reminder -- since we're using most of the rules that the 1st group is using, we mightr as well adop a 72 hours rule -- u have 72 hours to play your turn (or at least acknowledge that u received the file). Otherwise the file will move on to the next player.

Anyone disagrees?

Redstar -- you beat me to it. MP succession game is an awesome idea! we could play in like 2 teams of four, or something. We should think about it for furture succession game-playing.

Comment

Yes, we'll keep the same order as the list I published.
                That way it's kind of first come first serve.

I'll have that game file in about 2 hours. (I'm still at work right now).
                The 72-hour rule should work okay. It's sometimes hard to enforce, but usually when enough players get antsy about the file, the group itself acts as the enforcement.

Succession Game II, the dawning of the Mighty Irish coming up in 0200 hours!

- Skeeve

Edit: Look for the new thread, and then use that thread to post your summaries, talk about the game in progress, or other messages related to it.
                ------------------
                My reach exceeds my grasp!
                [This message has been edited by Skeeve (edited May 11, 2001).]

Comment

Hey, here's a thought regarding an MP succession game:

Suppose that we started a brand-new game:
                  Someone plays the first 10 turns, but instead of passing on to his teammate, he passes the file to TEAM 2.

Then, the person on TEAM 2 goes into the editor and switches civilizations. Plays for 10 turns and sends the file back to TEAM 1.
                  Then player #2 on TEAM 1 goes into the editor and switches back to their original Civ, and the process continues with each TEAM alternating between 2 Civilizations. This means, or course, that for a dreaded 10 turns, the computer will have control of one Team's Civ!
                  But, that might make it all the more fun. Imagine TEAM 1 trying to wipe out TEAM 2 before it goes back into human control!

Does anyone know if this could possibly work???

I suppose turns would have to be no greater than 10 so the AI can't do too much damage.

Just an idea.
                  - Skeeve

Comment

Sounds cool Skeeve. A little scary to have the AI in control for half the time, but I'm willing to give it a go.

The team swapping is almost the same as PBEM, so it could be done single player too. Who's starting?

Ben

PS
                    I started my OCC game today. Perhaps "Hard" was a little ambitious, but I'm, getting an absolute a$$-kicking. There is no way I can get ahead in tech, and my military cannot get across the sea fastest enough to conquer cities. (This is version 3, which genuinly does have no way to get more than one city btw.)
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I predict the world will be conquered by mid-modern age, or about 1600AD. About 4 turns each maybe...
                      I'd prefer to see succession game pairs, or threes.

Comment

Getting alienated
                        Well it's started I wasn't online for a while so I missed this but anyway.

------------------
                        " Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few "
                        Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Working...
                        X