X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by VivalaCTP2 on 05-03-2001 11:40 PM
    Token post for status elevation ....

Isn't that spamming, and worthy of a 30% post count reduction ?

Oh, and +1 for me
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat on 05-04-2001 12:59 PM
      Isn't that spamming, and worthy of a 30% post count reduction ?

Oh, and +1 for me

Yeah, technically we're not supposed to post messages for the sole purpose of elevating our status... but hey, it's nice to see someone get excited about it for a change. As long as he doesn't post another 100 messages like that to go up to Warlord, I guess it's okay to let him slide. Then again, it's not up to us is it?

By the way, Vivala, if you want to elevate your post count quickly, go to the Off-Topic forum. It's practically real time, and you can bang out a dozen messages in less than a half hour sometimes. Not that I've done that....

- Skeeve

------------------
      My reach exceeds my grasp!
      My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

quote:

By the way, Vivala, if you want to elevate your post count quickly, go to the Off-Topic forum. It's practically real time, and you can bang out a dozen messages in less than a half hour sometimes. Not that I've done that....

quote:

As long as he doesn't post another 100 messages like that to go up to Warlord,

That is all the OT is for anyway

I had some thoughts in my 3 day break from Apolyton.
        1) There should be a way of competing in CTP2 multiplayer, rather than just succession games.
        2) The CTP PBEM chart, you have to submit your highest score to get "registered".
        3) No point of that in CTP2 cos everyone wins flat out on Deity (or so I've heard, I don't even play...)
        4) How fast can you win CTP2. There are Civ2 junkies who win the space race with one city, or by conquest on gigantic map before 1AD...
        5) How fast can you win a succession game? Faster cos everyone is using different strategies, or slower cos everyone is using different strategies?
        6) Why not find out?

So... my suggestion is "CTP2 Doubles" we play succession, with the sole aim to win as fast as possible. No writing out detailed tails of infantry exercises, just win the game. Then we can have a league, like CTP, but in pairs. Highest score league, fastest conquest league, fastest science victory league.

How does that sound? Any other ideas? I wanna reopen the multiplaying forum.

Ben
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

CTP2 Doubles... Intriquing idea!

I like it. I nominate you as the adminstrator of that one.
          If you accept, I'll coordinate with you in running any other succession games.

Sounds like fast and furious fun. (Although I'll probably miss the summaries a bit, but... well you gotta sacrifice something for speed).

-Skeeve

------------------
          My reach exceeds my grasp!
          My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

Note, that was "how fast can you win" game-time, not real-time, else it'll get silly. Although...

Yeah, I could administrate a bit. Can't wait for the blessed 3-month holiday that will arrive after my exams in June.

Comment

I think a one-city challenge or 'same game' challenge would be the easiest to go with for the time being....

We'd just need someone to provide the first save-game file, and then everyone can download it and play the game to see how high they can score or how early they can end the game (depending on what the challenge is).

We could do that for scenarios too...

------------------
              phoenixcager of the Civgaming Network.
              Visit the CGN forums.

Comment

Was it in the Apolyton pack, that there was a map where all 8 civs only had one city, and enough room for one city? It was really easy to win, because the AI couldn't cope, but it was quite fun. I'll try to do an adaption of it, and you can all see how quickly you can win.

Comment

OK, that was quicker than I thought. There's a related thread in the Creation forum about OCC.
                  ( http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum44/HTML/000774.html )

If anyone wants to play, post here, and I'll start a Highest Score thread, which everyone can post in once they have won.

Post as follows:
                  Name - Civ Score - Winning Year - Number of Cities at the end of game

Ben

Comment

Working...
                  X