YCbCr Tiffs and TifLib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YCbCr Tiffs and TifLib

Do we have any programming/graphic related people in the forums that understand Class "Y" (YCbCr, not RGB) Tiffs utilizing LZW and/or TifLib? I know it is a long shot but I thought I would take the chance and see.

Markos, this IS CtP related, that is why it is here. Although I would have a better chance if it was in the Apolyton or OT forums.
    Don,
    CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

no problem about the thread...

you might want to take your chances in the OT...

Comment

Not come across that, what it is your trying to do ? like yourself, dealt a good deal in RGB ..
      "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

The reason.....
        to break the CtP(2) graphics files so I can create a pgm to add/change/modify them. This is THE biggest drawback to CtP2 and the 'New Terrain' thread brought this all back to light.

From looking at the executable, I see where Activision licensed LZW (which is a class "Y" compression option), is using the YCbCr format (calls YCbCrToRGB) and is using a Tiff-Specific library.

Initially, I thought Activision had their own proprietary library but I have changed my mind (at the moment). Another pgm I was checking into had a TifLib.Dll file which lead me to TifLib. The Tiff calls Activision makes and the TifLib calls are virtually identical. Also, TifLib supports 'Directories' which is how multiple images in 1 file are accessed.

By putting all these pieces together, I *think* I am on the right track. If not, I am thinking I still might be able to use this Library to access the graphic files. And since I know squat about these graphics files, I was hoping somebody might have a little knowledge in this area.

EDIT: http://www.libtiff.org

[This message has been edited by skorpion59 (edited February 08, 2001).]
        Don,

Comment

EDIT: Sorry, decided not to post my comments about the OT forum and the conversations about wiping their rears. Lets just say it is a strange place at times.

[This message has been edited by skorpion59 (edited February 08, 2001).]
          Don,

Comment

Working...
          X