Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible that...

... the poor AI is not a mistake?

Here is my reasoning: maybe activision decided to take a "one size does not fit all" approach. Instead of making a 'super' AI that might be too agressive for some or too weak for others, they decided to give us a basic AI BUT let each player customize the AI into what he or she wants. This way, each person can customize the game to their particular liking.

Is this a likely scenario? Or am I giving activision too much credit?

------------------
    No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

I believe you are giving Activison too much credit. If that was the case they would have doucmentation on how to change the settings excatly in the manual. They didnt do that or even go the cheap rout and use an online manual.

The ai just suxs...

Davor

Comment

Maybe another explanation is that the AI looked good on paper but wasn't test enough. So, the game was released with an AI that did not perform "in the real world" like they thought it would.

I just don't understand why they would release a game with an AI that is so bad?!

------------------
      No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.
      'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
      G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Working...
      X