Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does Activison think of our complaints?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does Activison think of our complaints?

I was wundering if there was an offical or unoffical reply from Activison or the makers of CtP2?

Anyone know?

Davor

There was a post earlier from an Apolytoner saying that he sent an email to Activision support, asking when they will fix the AI problems. Reply apparently was, "What AI problems?"

I hope though that this is not the end of the story
    Perhaps we should all send email to these dudes? Put some pressure on activision's marketing department.
    Post our views on game review sites ...

Comment

Captain Cynic(and his sidekick Under-Enthusiastic Boy) say "What do they care they already have our $40 (insert local currency as appropriate)"
      "Don't know exactly where I am"

Comment

Don't ignore word of mouth as a marketing strat.

If everyone posts here how much problems the game has, it will deter people from buying it. I'm sure that quite a few of the CIV II players have checked in here and decided not to waste their money. I got it as a gift so I Have an excuse. This is just one site, things multiply from here to other sites. It could result in the lose of thousands and thousands of sales.
        So yes, I would think they have a vested interest.

RAH
        Just another stupid optomist.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Keep in mind there are two parts of Activision. The group that make the game and exec. group. I belived the group that make the games would support us as long as possible, however they have a boss. Two months ago Computer Gaming Mag. had a section on who is supporting Playstation or PCs. The bosses at Activison Said 75% for P.Station 25% for PCs. in the next 18 months.

------------------

Comment

as a point of info, the reason that I didn't ever buy/play CTP I was all of the bad comments on these boards. I stuck with Civ II until I heard some good chat about CTP II and then made the big switch.

quote:

Originally posted by rah on 01-07-2001 02:49 AM
            Don't ignore word of mouth as a marketing strat.

If everyone posts here how much problems the game has, it will deter people from buying it. I'm sure that quite a few of the CIV II players have checked in here and decided not to waste their money. I got it as a gift so I Have an excuse. This is just one site, things multiply from here to other sites. It could result in the lose of thousands and thousands of sales.
            So yes, I would think they have a vested interest.

RAH
            Just another stupid optomist.

Comment

I received the game as a gift, then returned it
              (exchange for a different game) when I found that it

1) doesn't have hotseat
              2) has just as many balance/AI problems as CTP1 did before CD/Wes/et al made their mods.

I then emailed Activision support to tell them what I had done and why -- and that I would consider buying the game again if they fixed it.

If everyone who moans did the same, they might realise they had made a mistake (but I doubt it).

Comment

Working...
              X