Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comparison to alpha centauri

hi

sorry for multiple post but i should have said how does the game compare to alpha centauri for 1]fun and ]2] challenging ai.

tom

As is, its not as challanging as AC, as for fun, its fun, for a while.

People have already beaten the AI on impossible. I've beaten it on medium, fairly easily i might add. I can't beat the AC AI on the third difficulty level, and i find it provides a good game on the second difficulty level.
    I don't care how many times you poke it, a bronze spear will not destroy a tank.

"Do you want sarcasm with that?" - Wally

Comment

No comparison.
      Alpha centauri was a masterpiece.
      CTP2 only good.

Comment

Take my comments for what they are worth...

I only played SMAC a couple of times and only through to completion once. I did not find it too challenging, I won easily, although I played on one of the middle difficulty levels (can't quite remember which). I seldom play deity. Since you are asking to compare CTP2 with SMAC, you probably like SMAC. I didn't. That's why I only played it a few times. I did not enjoy the AC terrain or the sci-fi techs. It was just too abstract for me. I as surprised by this because I enjoy the sci-fi genre in other entertainment. As I said, in SMAC it was just too abstract. (perhaps if it had trek tech I would have enjoyed it more.)

I did like some things about SMAC: borders, diplomacy, and upgrading units. These are all less developed or lacking altogether in CTP2.

However, it is historical and I know the difference between a catapult and a cannon. (what is a hopilite by the way?)

As for gameplay. Yes, CTP2 seems to have a weak AI. Like SMAC I have cruised through the game on my first times through on the middle levels. I am now playing a harder level now and am a bit challenged (although I had amazingly crappy terrain compared to the AI). We'll see what happens. The AI does seem to lack a desire to go for the juggular...

For what it is worth,
        dande

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by dande on 12-25-2000 06:56 PM

(what is a hopilite by the way?)

Dande,
          A hoplite is the Greek precurser to a phalanx. Ranks of men with large round shields and bronze, leaf shaped swords.

------------------
          Big Dave

Do the Vatican police speak Pig Latin?
          Any flames in this message are solely in the mind of the reader.

Comment

thanks Big Dave

Comment

Working...
            X