Statto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statto

Coming straight from Civ 2 (I kept hoping that Civ 3 was around the corner) I dont think that CTP2 is as good as Civ 2 but it serves as a useful distraction.

Anyway, onto my point. It seems to me that there is a glaring lack of any statistics in CTP2. Where are the demographics? For one thing, why isn't there the top ten cities feature- how hard can that be to implement especially in relation to the pride it can give in building the world's best city?

How many units have I killed/lost? Why can't I compare the size of populations without going into each individual diplomacy manager (assuming that I'm not at war with them.) Surely some things like the capital of the country should be known even if you are at war with another country?

Things like land area, literacy (number of universities etc), birth rate etc. must already be available, how hard could it be to tot them up and present them for the player's satisfaction?

Finally ( and maybe I'm missing this) but when you pirate trade routes or operate franchises- how can you tell exactly how much is being yielded from these operations- either individually or overall?

Be evil to one another

Good points. I think the answer to your question is that when Sid and Brian made Civ1 and 2 they took the time to add the little extras that make a good game a classic. For some reason the Activision team didn't know/realize the importance of such subtle touches. And Activision had two tries to get it right!
    Too bad CTP2 could have been great....
    "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
    "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

I agree.

Comment

So do I.

Comment

So many major things are bad. not surprised that the little things were missed. Especially when some of the features were in CtP1.

------------------
          History is written by the victor.

Comment

Working...
          X