Map Customization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Customization

How are your preferences on customizing the map? And Why?

Personally, I like have small, island like land masses. It encourages exploration and expansion to new continent for survival.

The down side is the isolation. One can get pretty comfortable. If you get a land mass all to ones

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by fivebones (edited December 13, 2000).]</font>

I don't have one type really - I try different maps to my liking.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I started with about 60% water and Islands, tried water and continents. But I got bored with loading transports, and shipping the units across the sea. My last few games are on about 80% land, continents, and mostly uniform. Even with rail roads unit transport to the front is most of the game. ( I have yet to get to mag levs, the world is always conquored way before then). I'm always at war with someone, preferably one at a time and I never make peace unless I'm attacked by somebody else who is more of a threat.

Comment

Me..I love lots of rivers..more dry than wet though..more land than ocean..like continents..some water..for Naval Battles..a Huge World and I like taking on lots of Civilzations..

And I dont make peace..I usually try combatting entire world..as a challenge..and start on Impossible level..

Troll
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Well, I got sick of having maps with one continent connected by thin chains, so I pushed the islands - continents slider to the 'islands' side, and that has helped. And of course I increased the amount of water.

However, this might not have been a bright idea: one-city islands are impossible to defend adequately, I am finding. (My starting continent was okay, but I needed to expand...)

Otherwise ... few trade goods, warmer/drier. I'd rather deal with dessert than glacier and/or swamp. Terraforming swamp comes late; glaciers extremely late.
          And besides, you can put farms on dessert from turn 1.

John 6:68

Comment

Working...
          X