Naming things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naming things

Why can't you name your leader, tribe and your cities.
    Is it such a strech for the program that this isn't possible. I personally could care less about historical names of places or people in a game. If Civ II can do it why not CTP-2 ?
    The secret to life is-
    there isn't any.

sure it would be handy to do it inside the game, but you can edit the text file anyway....

Comment

ok, let's get thing straight
      i dont know about ctp2, but in ctp you can name your leader and your cities inside the game. you cant name your tribe. you can only do that by editing the text files...

Comment

Hey just a moment!
        I can`t name a city or leader in CTP2 ????
        I hope to name the tribe, the leader, my cities and stacks of units !!!!
        In Civ2 you can name only tribe, leader and city. Not everything.
        For those who fight for it, life has a flavour the sheltered never know.

Comment

As far as I know, only the person that starts the game (PBEM) can name the leaders. When a player is replaced during the game, it is no longer possible to change the leader's name.
          I hope this will be fixed.
          veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

I am writing in forums for the first time, but I have spent many hours playing Civ2 and CtP.
            Maybe I have missed it, but will there be included in CtP2 naming of geographical objects (rivers,seas, mountains etc.) like it is possible in SMAC?

Comment

Yes! Please give us the ability to name geographical features (like SMAC). I find that customizes the game experience greatly!

It's also nice to be able to create a custom civ on the fly, entering your tribe, leader, and city names while playing, but I don't mind editing the text files too much.

------------------
              Lev Koszegi

Comment

Working...
              X