Clear All

Another idea:

Q: I expect the CTP2 gaming experience to be:
    A1: The best, most innovative version of Civ to-date
    A2: Not the best, but worth $40
    A3: Something to tide me over until CivIII
    A4: Worth $10 in a discount bin
    A4: Worse than a kick in the teeth!

I would have said "a kick in the dingleberries," but I am hoping that not all Apolytoners are of one gender!

Maybe our Austrailian-rules Rugby player-type Apolytoners can tell us which spot hurts more.

Comment

Heh, heh. You might start an argument amongst Aussie Apolytoners talking about AFL (Australian Rules) vs Rugby Of course, everyone knows that AFL is much more skillful and athletic that bashing your head against a human brick wall.

Actually, it's always a pleasant surprise when someone outside of Australia mentions AFL. We generally get the impression that most people don't know about it. Even fewer understand it.

'Carn the Cats!!
      - mkl

Comment

I played Australian Rules "rugby" once. After the game it was like being skinned alive... not that I minded the scars, it was more the head concussion that worried me.

But I was wondering what it took to become an honorary Austrailian . There's probably a high level of refinement to the culture that's hard to achieve if you're not born there.

Actually, I think the hardest part about being an honourary Austrailian would be to learn how to drive on the left side of the road!

Comment

Another idea:

Q: What is your biggest fear about CTP2
          A1: It will have the same interface as CTP1
          A2: The new AI won't cut the mustard
          A3: There will be too many bugs
          A4: There will be too much emphasis on nonconventional units

Comment

Why do you want to become an honorary Australian? Not that I mind... It's a great place to live.

And you weren't actually talking about AFL (or so it seems). Were you playing rugby league or rugby union? In the southern states of Australia (I'm in Victoria) rugby isn't very big. We're more AFL. Perhaps I should ask if you were mostly throwing the ball or kicking it.

You're really coming up with a few surveys there, Slingshot.

- MKL
            - mkl

Comment

Actually MKL,

It was probably somebody's wierd idea of Canadian football-gone-psychotic, with no protective equipment and no respect for rules!

Another idea:

Q: What sort of tech tree enhancements should CTP2 have?
              A1: None, CTP1 had too many already!
              A2: Some more, especially in the genetic age.
              A3: Some more in all the ages.
              A4: The tech tree should have twice as many techs. Don't leave anything out!

Comment

Another idea:

Q: How many types of victories should CTP2 allow for?
                A1: The same as before
                A2: The same as CivII
                A3: There should be a few more ways to win
                A3: There should be many more ways to win
                A4: You should be able to pick from a long list at the beginning

[This message has been edited by Slingshot (edited April 08, 2000).]

Comment

Another idea

Q: Where should CTP2 cap the CTP1 improvement tree?
                  A1: Oribiting cities and space marines
                  A2: Underwater cities and war walkers
                  A3: Nothing that we don't have today

Comment

quote:

'Carn the Cats!!

Geelong kicks butt.

AFL is leaps and bounds over Rugby, but then again I never followed that code.

I have to say that most of the suggested polls are pretty good. Might pay to just randomly choose one.

Comment

I always knew you were an intelligent one, Pren Draig. And Geelong had a thumping good win on the weekend too.

I'm pretty surprised that no one's leapt to the defense of rugby yet. Despite the fact that it's an inferior game.

- MKL
                      - mkl

Comment

Another idea:

Q1: With the reduction in timespan, CTP2 should have...

A1: More turns per age
                        A2: More intermediate ages (eg. mideval & rennaisance)
                        A3: More ages/turns in the beginning (eg. inclusion of a stone age and bronze age)

Comment

Add this to Slingshot

B1: A1+A2
                          B2: A1+A3
                          B3: A2+A3
                          B4: A1+A2+A3

I'll wote for B4.

[This message has been edited by TheBirdMan (edited April 11, 2000).]
                          First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

My tribute to Danes:

Det er ikke mange mennesker i Danmark, men alle det mennesker i landen er cool!

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Thanks especially for breaking the solid line of Slingshot posts!
                            [This message has been edited by Slingshot (edited April 11, 2000).]

Comment

How about comparing the different combat models we have experienced with different games. which do you think would be most suitable for ctp2. it may be too late to change that and the addition of class levels might elminate some of the discontentment with the previous game. but frankly i am not sure that would be enough. any of you played "age of wonder". what do you think of the combat model there. the fact that units on surrounding blocks can contribute to an attack. i found that to be a swell idea. the fact that you can beseige a city with units all around it. initiate a multi-coordinated attack. it is more realistic. and more effective.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Slingshot on 04-02-2000 11:44 PM
                                Another idea:

Q: What would make you go and buy CTP2 within the first week of its release?
                                A1: A special discount for Apolyton members.
                                A2: A promise from Steve M. that the game is as good as gold.
                                A3: A promise from DanQ/MarkG that the game is as good as gold.
                                A4: There's no way I'd buy it so soon!

A5: A $30 rebate for C:CTP owners! I might do it for $25.......
                                Any flames in this message are solely in the mind of the reader.

Comment

Working...
                                X