Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta Testing

- How long does Beta testing usually go for these days?

- How long do Activision usually Beta test for?

- Do we have reason to suspect that they'll spend quite a bit more time on it this time around? (I know we want it, but have we seen any evidence that this will be the case?)

- MKL
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by MidKnight Lament (edited September 16, 2000).]</font>
    - mkl

Thanks for the info, LT John. I know a lot of people probably wanted an open beta, but it's encouraging at least to know that you'll have had 4 months at it. We were worried that you might have had a much shorter one to get it released pre-Christmas.

------------------
    - MKL
    Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org
    - mkl

Comment

We will not be holding an open beta for CTP II

I really don't even need to say a word... that was the kiss of death for me buying this game.

Based of the Call to Power engine

... That means its not a sequel, it's a cheap rip-off of an already awful game. Reminds me of Extreme Paintbrawl II. If the previous statement weren't enough this is the death robe.

Comment

Would Activision consider a demo release for the major computer mags. in Oct? The reason I ask this, is because the SMAC demo was release about a month before the game.

------------------

[This message has been edited by joseph1944 (edited September 19, 2000).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by DarthVeda on 09-19-2000 09:27 PM
          that was the kiss of death for me buying this game
          you mean that we wont see you again on this forum? yeeaaah!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by joseph1944 on 09-19-2000 09:35 PM
            Would Activision consider a demo release for the major computer mags. in Oct? The reason I ask this, is because the SMAC demo was release about a month before the game.

That would mean giving us a clue about how godawful this game really is...

Call to Power II is like a car with sawdust in the carbeurator and the doors glued on with elmer's.

Comment

The game is already undergoing beta testing with a closed group, by the time we are scheduled to go gold, we will have been in beta testing for about four months. This is one of the benefits of building the game off of the Civ:CTP engine- the game has been playable for quite a while now.

We will not be holding an open beta for CTP II.

Comment

Working...
              X