Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by Slax on 08-18-2000 10:07 PM
    And you can't complain if a FAN site emphasizes the positives.
    we didnt emphasize anything. we gave our opinion
    plus, where did you read about all these bad reviews? this very site in a lot of cases, no?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Harlan on 08-18-2000 09:04 PM
      Given all that, that doesn't necessarily say much about CTP2. Obviously the Activision team made a decision that CTP1 was too broken, and decided to start with a clean slate and make CTP2 instead of more patches and addons for CTP1. That left a lot of fans feeling burned, including me, but it would be hardly the first time for me to see games incomplete and poorly supported. The question is, come Christmas, will CTP2 be a better game than CTP1 plus more patches and an add on CD a la Civ2's Fantastic Worlds would have been? I think the answer will be yes, and the price of CTP2 will probably be the same (or close) as the add on pack would have been anyways, judging how those things are priced these days.

Unfortunatly regular Civ add-ons are priced just like a full game. So I guess what you're saying is that CTP2 is going to priced like a full game and the price for the should-have-been add-on is not something to get mad about.

Well, yes and no. At least with an add-on the space layer would still have been there. This was one of the very cool features in CTP that I'm sorry is not going to be there in CTP2. Granted that space cities were bland and boring. I rarely built them other than the free one I got for the Space Needle (or whatever that wonder was called). But for transport the space layer rocked! What a great way to recon the entire planet! I usually play on large maps and it can be a real pain hunting down a renegade civ that is keeping me from winning the game (Alien what? Bloodlust for me, thankyou very much).

So please pardon me if I'm somewhat disgruntled by this add-on that fixes what was broken in the game and takes away a feature I very much enjoyed.

------------------
      Big Dave

If a pig looses it's voice is it disgruntled?
      Any flames in this message are solely in the mind of the reader.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Big Dave on 08-19-2000 08:00 AM
        So please pardon me if I'm somewhat disgruntled by this add-on that fixes what was broken in the game and takes away a feature I very much enjoyed.
        for the one feature that is gone, there are many more that are added. it doesnt seem that ctp2 is just about fixes....

[This message has been edited by MarkG (edited August 19, 2000).]

Comment

I take issue with people who complain that Activision lied to them or ripped them off, or that 'zeolets' here at this site drove them to buy the game.

You're crazy to just by a product based on the word of the company without reading reviews or forums. I don't have time to look for all the old reviews of it, but Gamespot gave it a 6.7/10 and Gamecentre 6/10. The problems they noticed, some subjective, others not, were there in black and white.

I read the reviews and bought the product, and loved it. I feel I got my money's worth.

Comment

Monkey, thanks for jogging my memory. Empire State Building is one also.

Also, I remember something that the guy I was talking to said something that they improved somethings in the diplomacy screen. I'd probably would have to re-install CTP and actually play it to jogg those memories.

------------------
            "And his word shall carry
            death eternal to those who
            stand against righteousness."

Comment

Has there been any talk of a sort of state/province system? none of the other civs had anything like it, but wouldnt it be nice to have production goals of many cities taken care of at a sort of "state-goal" selection screen? (sorry in advance if anybody has thought/mentioned this before and I failed to give credit!)

------------------
              "And it was destined that he should fall before the mighty hoof of our Lord and King of Spain."

Comment

I imagine they would have mentioned it by now, as it would be a significant change. You might have to wait for Civ 3 for that one.

- MKL
                - mkl

Comment

I think Clash of Civilizations has a State/Province system. But it will be a very different game. I'm looking forward to it.

------------------
                  Big Dave

Comment

The memories are coming back.

The city radius is now 3 squares instead of 2.
                    Plus you have borders like in AC.

The more I keep talking about it, the more it seems I'm able to remember.

I wonder what else I might have forgotten???

------------------
                    "And his word shall carry
                    death eternal to those who
                    stand against righteousness."

Comment

Actually the city radius is variable, it depends on the pop of the city.

------------------
                      Big Dave

Comment

Dave, you're killing me with these sigs.

------------------
                        The Medieval Mod 4.0- The Age of Wonders. The latest in the Medieval Pack series, soon to be available at my homepage. Check there periodically for updates and new additions.

Comment

Thanks Wes! My other Internet handle is Atilla the Pun.

------------------
                          Big Dave

Comment

Working...
                          X