Units in the library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Units in the library

I have a question on units: How do you get a unit sprite to show up in the great library. I want to change the warrior picture to an Amazon picture I downloaded. And the warrior picture in the GL will not change.

Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanxs!

I never got a unit sprite to show up in the Great Library. The Great Library uses images in *.rim file or in *.tga file format. Now here are two examples from the uniticon.txt:

ICON_UNIT_ABOLITIONIST { FirstFrame "UPUP025L.TGA" Movie "NULL" Gameplay "UNIT_ABOLITIONIST_GAMEPLAY" Historical "UNIT_ABOLITIONIST_HISTORICAL" Prereq "UNIT_ABOLITIONIST_PREREQ" Vari "UNIT_ABOLITIONIST_STATISTICS" Icon "UPUP025A.TGA" LargeIcon "UPUP025L.TGA" SmallIcon "UPUP025B.TGA" StatText "UNIT_ABOLITIONIST_SUMMARY" }
    ICON_UNIT_AIRCRAFT_CARRIER { FirstFrame "UPUP036L.TGA" Movie "NULL" Gameplay "UNIT_AIRCRAFT_CARRIER_GAMEPLAY" Historical "UNIT_AIRCRAFT_CARRIER_HISTORICAL" Prereq "UNIT_AIRCRAFT_CARRIER_PREREQ" Vari "UNIT_AIRCRAFT_CARRIER_STATISTICS" Icon "UPUP036A.TGA" LargeIcon "UPUP036L.TGA" SmallIcon "UPUP036B.TGA" StatText "UNIT_AIRCRAFT_CARRIER_SUMMARY" }

In these lines you can find two *.tga files. Try this: Replace both UPUP025L.TGA by the UPUP036L.TGA. And the GL will use instead abolitionist picture the aircraft carrier picture. This change will only work in the GL, the unit graphic on the map will be the same.

For the replacement of the warrior picture by an Amazon picture you use the same procedure instead of using the UPUP036L.TGA you use a Amazon *.tga like ZSM.tga. The last think is to make shure that the image is in the ..\game_data\default\graphics\pictures\ folder.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
    X