X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locutus this editplus isn't free you have to pay a registration fee

------------------
    " mind over body "
    Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

MrFun,

You don't seriously expect me to actually pay for a Corel product, now do you?

To edit tga's and sprites and stuff for CtP(2), you're best off using Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. Since both are produced by big companies and both are rediculously expensive (at least for a college student), I personally don't feel obliged to pay for them, but I use them anyway. (Well, I hardly ever work with graphics anyway, but when I do, I use PSP).

If you do have a conscience and only want to use cheap or free utilities, download.com is the place to be. I know there's plenty of good graphics utilities out there and at least some of them can handle tga. The main problem with most (if not all) of these utilities is that they don't support alpha channels, which is what you need if you want to add shadows to sprites or some other cool special effects. For regular tga's this isn't a problem but for the sprites this can be a problem.

Darkknight,
      No, it isn't free, but it's well worth the money. Don't have the money or don't want to pay? Noone's forcing you (Ripping AoE or ToT graphics for use in CtP mods is just as illegal AFAIK, but people don't seem to have a problem with that...)
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Well, I do have a friend of a friend whom I think has Photoshop. hmmm . . . .
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Try FOSI's sight,
          http://kickme.to/FOSI/
          Don,
          CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Note for those interested: I put the SLIC2 for EditPlus files on my website if anyone wants them. They're much more up-to-date than the SLIC1 files that were up there until now, though still not quite what they should be (I'm lazy as hell and all that's left is tedious copy&paste work and double checking everything ).

Don, surely you know a decent and law-abiding citizen like me would never visit such pages
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

[quote
              Code:
              int_f mod_CanCityBuildUnit(city_t theCity, int_t theUnit) {

if (theUnit == UnitDB(UNIT_ARCHER)) {
              		if (CityHasBuilding(theCity, BuildingDB(IMPROVE_GRANARY))) {
              			return 1;	// can build this
              		} else {
              			return 0;	// can't build this
              		}
              	}
              	if (theUnit == UnitDB(UNIT_TANK)) {
              		if (CityHasBuilding(theCity, BuildingDB(IMPROVE_FACTORY))) {
              			return 1;	// can build this
              		} else {
              			return 0;	// can't build this
              		}
              	}
              	return 1;	// can build all other units
              }
              [/quote]

I have tried it. It doesn't work : the unit can appear in the list before the improvment is build, and may not be in the list after. Moreover, if the unit is in the list of buildable unit, click on the add bouton does not always transfer it to the queue. It may be necessary to click several times. How can I solve it?

Comment

Working...
              X