Diplomod 3.3 and AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomod 3.3 and AI

Does diplomod 3.3 reflect Richard Myers's comments that were posted here?

In what sense? I've read through all the comments relating to AI and diplomacy, and implemented what I see as necessary to bring some intelligence and thought to it. But what specifics were you thinking of?

------------------
    Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Dale on 03-06-2001 07:41 PM
      In what sense? I've read through all the comments relating to AI and diplomacy, and implemented what I see as necessary to bring some intelligence and thought to it. But what specifics were you thinking of?

Richard had identified some bugs in the Activision implementation. Are those fixed in diplomod 3.3?--I'm interested in whether diplomod 3.3 addresses known problems other than the lack of diplomatic interaction between AIs so that it is a suitable default configuration.
      Otherwise, I might as well play SMAX until Civ3 comes out. Thanks,

------------------

Comment

Some of the problems with diplomacy are hard-coded problems. IE: the research pact bug. I have tried to counter/elliminate as many as I could, as well as try to enhance the diplomacy activities of the AI. Unfortunately there are some that I can do nothing about. IE: the pay-for-advance bug.

------------------
        Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Dale on 03-07-2001 03:17 AM
          Some of the problems with diplomacy are hard-coded problems. IE: the research pact bug. I have tried to counter/elliminate as many as I could, as well as try to enhance the diplomacy activities of the AI. Unfortunately there are some that I can do nothing about. IE: the pay-for-advance bug.

I'm currently running with diplomod 3.3. I'll report any serious problems. Wish me luck!

Comment

Working...
          X