Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new graphics up

Hi,
    I've made some updates to my tech, wonder and building graphics. I did a bunch of new ones for use in Wes' beta of his Med Mod, plus a bunch of new wonders. This is all I plan on doing, with the exception of some more futuristic things needed for the Med Mod as well.

You can download them all at my rough website http://ctpmaps.apolyton.net/harlan . The files to download are buildings_all.zip, wonders_all.zip and techs_all.zip. Any file with my name in it ignore- those are old. In addition, if you go to the "other" folder, you'll find the "raw" tech graphics, meaning without backgrounds. This way you can give the techs whatever backgrounds you want. They're saved in .psd format to be opened in Photoshop, though I'm told PaintShopPro also opens this format. There are about twice as many raw files as before.

Omnigod, can you download these files and then post them up on the Apolyton site? Cos not many people will find my page, and its easier to have you download them instead of email them to you. If you do, could you also pick one graphic for each for the icon on the download page, rather than use the generic one? You can also then delete the older versions already there. Thanks a ton in advance.

omni, i've copied the files to the modification/graphics folder

i'll leave the update of the db to you
    [This message has been edited by MarkG (edited January 26, 2001).]

Comment

No problem, I'll get to that after dinner.

Comment

hi harlan, I would like to do a fantasy scenario, so I need some special unit pics, and wondered if u could help me out? )
        You'll not see me coming!

Comment

Thanks Markos and Omni.

Thanatos, I'm out of the unit making business, and leaving that in more capable hands (esp. Morgoth).

Comment

Can I just mention that the graphics are marvellous, especially for less Western-centered scenarios. They are a real help, and the blank background are also very helpful for modmakers

Thanks Harlan, the pics are great!

Ben
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Hey Harlan, long time no hear!

I downloaded your graphics. Beautiful. El Escorial still not among the wonders... shame, shame .

PS. Did not get CTP2 yet. Guess you wholeheartedly recommend it?

Comment

Hi JB,
                I wouldn't have recognized you since you use a new name. What have you been up to? El Escorial isn't in cos I tried to get pictures (reconstructed drawings, mostly) of what the wonders looked like in their prime. If you have something like that, I'll use it.

As for CTP2, no I wouldn't recommend it- buyer beware. Personally I really like it, but there are some flaws, mainly Activision's poor support. Its great for scenario makers though, IMHO.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Harlan on 01-27-2001 09:42 PM
                  Its great for scenario makers though, IMHO.

I'll second that

Comment

Working...
                  X