Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, Alpha Wolf, you bring up a good point. Though possible, a distance function IMHO isn't needed (maybe the civ only has a few cities left or only has two big cities and all other cities are very small and vulnerable or 10 tiles away might be on the very edge of it's empire making distance to capitol unhappiness very high in other cities and make the capitol an even easier target for other enemies, etc), but as my code currently works it will fail if the city designated to rush-buy the Capitol is captured before it can complete it (not enough money, captured in the same turn as the capitol, etc), no Capitol will be built after all. I should account for that possibility as well.

Edit:
    A max-distance limit might be useful, but I'll leave it up to Wes to decide if that should be implemented as it will considerably slow down the trigger. It'll still hardly have an impact on the speed of the game since it's a fairly rare occurence but to take that into account will force me to cycle through all cities instead of just using the biggest one (which is always stored in the variable player.largestcity).

The flag that stores the original owner of a city no doubt exists in the engine somewhere, but AFAIK it's not available for us, modmakers. You could keep track of the original owner of a city through SLIC, but if it's not really needed it'll only eat up resources.
    [This message has been edited by Locutus (edited January 06, 2001).]
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
    X