Unit function info need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit function info need

Hi! Does anyone know the function in unit.txt?

I am trying to make a unit that can
    move on any land title as road (like alphine unit in CIV?)

Also How to make an animation unit. Do you use special
    program or you make a series of TGA file?

By the way I have add a few units in my game,
    C-5 Galaxy as a transport aircraft.
    U-2 an earlier spy plan.
    my commando can assasinate leader, ignore zone of control and parachute/beach attack.

I dont know of a value that allows any unit to move on land as if it were road,though i think making the movement of the unit more than others should be sufficient.

and your quest of making graphics,making sprites isnt all that easy,in cpt1 pages of apolyton mod,a sprite makeing program is available for download,though the pictures(requiers a minimum of about 10)need to be .tif files edited or created in paint shop or equivelant program.all the other graphics in the game are .tga files to my knowledge. good luck
    [This message has been edited by jethro (edited January 04, 2001).]

Comment

As far as moving on all land tiles like road goes, I'm working on that myself right now. If I remember I'll post the result here when I get it to work. If you're afraid I forget (which is quite likely, knowing myself) email me so I won't and I can email you the code plus instructions on how to implement it.

For making graphics, not only the sprite editor is useful, but also the unit making guide written by Harlan. Both can be found at http://apolyton.net/ctp/modification.
      [This message has been edited by Locutus (edited January 04, 2001).]
      Last edited by Martin Gühmann; August 30, 2012, 15:48.
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Does anyone know the variable in unit.txt?
        such as:

zbrangeattack
        noslaves
        cancapturecity
        canbeachassault
        etc.

Also I changed the bombardrange to 2, it makes no difference in the game. Is there anyway you can change
        it so it can bombard 2 titles in land. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X