Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph1944: You can just rename the file to what it should be and play on !
    The game will search for the file and where it used to find a missing one it should find the right one now.
    No need to begin all over......that a ***** I know

Bye Bye

Holland signing off !

Comment

• This just popped to my mind. Sometimes when I get a new technology there will be "animation" of ONE unit dying in a city.

I first recognised this in my current game(27th march version). I have now played it ummm about to the year 200AD. In this game I have seen this dying animation two times. Both times only one unit in one visible city have been died. I had no time to see it well but it might be a sprite with a one man standing with dark(maybe black) shirt on and that man is maybe falling backward.

After the animation I have checked the units in that city and it seems that all units that were there before are still there. And militia is the same as before(phalanx).

I am not sure if there was a sound when a dying animation occurs but I think there were no sound.

And this dying animation only occurs(if I remember right) when I get new technology.

Anyone seen this too?

-Jani
      Jani

Comment

• Jani-

That happened to me once, but in my game it seemed like one unit died in every city, although I went and looked and I hadn't actually lost any units. Has anyone had any problems witht the wonder movies at the beginning of the game? The science wonders at the begginning all play the same movie, I think it is the agency movie, but I'm not sure. Somebody let me know if you've seent his too.

------------------
        DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
        EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
        AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

• Jani,
          I reported such a problem not long ago. It was after i got a technology and than all my Spearman Militia in all my cities were killed (that was pretty early in the game). Its nice to know I'm not the only one having this problem, only it appears a bit diffrent in our cases. In my case, All my spearman militia in all my cities died, and I saw them dying one by one, with the sounds (sounds pretty horrific, right? ).

------------------
          Let people hear what they want to hear

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by alley_cat on 04-05-2001 07:45 AM
            Jani,
            I reported such a problem not long ago. It was after i got a technology and than all my Spearman Militia in all my cities were killed (that was pretty early in the game). Its nice to know I'm not the only one having this problem, only it appears a bit diffrent in our cases. In my case, All my spearman militia in all my cities died, and I saw them dying one by one, with the sounds (sounds pretty horrific, right? ).

Your situation is different(I think). I have had this "all militias gets killed" too(and I reported it too ) but I suppose it is now fixed(in 27th). It happened when you got technology that gives you the phalanx.

But this new thing happened two times and with technology that does not give you phalanx or other new militia units and no units in cities were really killed(it just looks like that).
            Jani

Comment

• Hmmm... you got me there.
              don't know about the case you described.
              you should ask Wes and other SLICers about it.

------------------

Comment

• The units 'dying off' is tied into the militia code. I am having the same problem in my mod, and the only SLIC code addition I have is the Militia code.

It does not seem to take away your militias, and it occurs as you get certain advances. Wes has mentioned that there still is some bugs in that code, and he is waitng for an update. Keep an eye on what is happening with your militias - whether they are being disbanded, because that will affect gameplay.

For me, I find it somewhat amusing and quirky, but that's just me I guess...
                Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

• Now that you explained your problem alleycat, I think I am having the same problem you are, because suddenly it seemed like my units died one by one with sounds for each one, and it happened to every on of the same unit. This was a while ago that this happened so I had kind of forgotten about it. Do you guys have any idea what is causing it? I have the latest update of all the mod files. I read through the readme's and I didn't find anything about units dying when you get the technology for the next unit of that type, but I could have missed something. Any ideas anyone?

------------------

Comment

• I just sent the below email to Wes and I thought y'all might be interested in this as well. By changing the file scenario.slc as described below you should be able to fix the problems with the militias. If after this you'd like to continue with your existing savegames you should open the chat window and type /reloadslic, as I explained numerous times before (both in this thread and elsewhere).

quote:

Wes,
                    Sorry for the late reply, I've been having some problems with my computer (again) and I had to deal with some real-life issues as well (again). Anyway, it's almost 2.30 AM over here and I'm tired as hell so I'll keep this short. I haven't done much with the MedMod lately due to the aforementioned issues. However, I worked on it yesterday and today and I now know approximately where the bug with the militias is located but I don't know exactly what the problem is yet. As a temporary fix you can add the line 'capturedIndex = 0;' to the eventhandler MM2_EveryTurn, right after the line 'i = 0;'. I didn't test extremely thoroughly but this should fix the bug of all militias disappearing from Theology onwards. However, this does have a drawback, as you'd expect from a temporary fix: now conquered cities don't get militia's after a random number of turns but as soon as the city changes size, whether this happens 1 or 200 turns after the conquest. Since this is a much less annoying bug I suppose this is acceptable for the moment, tomorrow and this weekend I'll work on finding a real fix for the problem and fixing any other bugs in the existing code.

Wouter

PS During testing I finally had the chance to try the mod out for the first time and it rocks! I hope I resist playing the game just for fun and focus on actual testing

Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Wes,

I know this is a little late to bring something up like this, but I was just reading in the Multiplaying forum that the hotseat support and things like that are still in the game, they just have lots of glitches and things. have you ever thought of trying to get those working in your mod? That was one thing I really like in CTP1 and was really dissapointed that they took it out. Well, think about it and let me know what you think!

------------------

Comment

• Wes,

I know this is a little late to bring something up like this, but I was just reading in the Multiplaying forum that the hotseat support and things like that are still in the game, they just have lots of glitches and things. have you ever thought of trying to get those working in your mod? That was one thing I really like in CTP1 and was really dissapointed that they took it out. Well, think about it and let me know what you think!

------------------

Comment

• Sorry everyone, double post! my browser is so slow I click on it twice because the first time I didn't think it did anything!

------------------

Comment

• I'm not so sure that Multiplaying in the Mod will work, unless both players will have exactly the same versions and files of the Med Mod.
                            Don't know...

------------------

Comment

• Hi Wes,

I have been playing you mod some more. Everything seems to be working fine other than the things that have already been mentioned, so I won't bring them up again.

I have an observation to make about the charts though. It would be nice if you could add a column in the Wonders chart that tells which advance gives a specific Wonder. That would be a very nice addition. Also, it would be nice if something could be added in the Terrain chart that tells what advance gives you teraforming capabilities and what capabilities those are. I know that these are just minor things, but I thought I would bring them up anyway.

Wes, you and the rest of the Mod team keep up the good work. I am really enjoying you mod.

Timothy Pintello

Comment

• Thank for the help, I was able to correct the other problem.

I hope I say all of this correctly. I’m in the year 1630 or so, and this is happing. I made the discovery to build Ironclad and Ships of the Line. I put the Ironclad in the building queue and later when I made another discovery (and not sure which discovery) the Ironclad and Ship of the Lines dropped out of the queue, and now I can only build Gallons. I know that in CTP 1 when you made a Discovery that deleted a unit, it was dropped from the queue, but in CTP 2 it was not dropped. Is the cost of everything supposed to be high? (30 turns to build a Granary)?

Well it is now 7:33pm pacific, and now I have a bigger problem. The Cost to build new Unites or Improvments is still the same but the time to build them has gone way up. A granary now take 100 turn to build, a unit 400 turns, a wonder 1,800 turns, I know you wanter to slow things down a bit but this is kinda crazy. The discovery time is still the same, between 5 and 10 turns for a new discovery. I'm in the year 1780.

------------------

[This message has been edited by joseph1944 (edited April 06, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                                X