Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's stop for a while and ponder on all the work that has been done !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's stop for a while and ponder on all the work that has been done !

Hi Y'all !

I'm just browsing through all of the forums, multiple times a day, my life is boring I know
    And my conclusion is that there has never been a game in which players did so much research and modifying !

All the work you put together is enormous !

Let's stop and ponder at that !

From me, a BIG thank you to all modders and researchers in the CTP2 field.
    Keep up the good work !

I'm currently working on a 60 name Civ_string.txt, and I have to say I like pulling out the atlas' and studying the countries for city names, and researching the names for historical importance... not to mention I learn alot too

Of course, I'll have to thank all who have helped me in the process, and all whoes work I use in CTP2 everyday (or at least when I play it )

-Eric (Hassan) McIntyre

Comment

here here, thank you everyone!
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

FINALLY!!!!

We get to thank Activision, for if it were not for there roughshod marketing of a weak product, we, as a civin-lovin community, would not be so learned!

I knew if that if we waited long enough and searched long enough our hearts would go on and find a silver lining in this Activision dismal cloud!

Yours in civin

Troll

------------------
        Hebrews 11:1

Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for and things unseen
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

a huge THANKS to all the creators!!!

Comment

Given the amount of work expended just to make this thing playable, maybe the whole CTP2 section should be moved to "Alternative Civs", taking it's rightful place alongside all the OTHER games being built from scratch.
            To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Even though I am new at this I too, would like to thank everone for all of their work and help. Until I found this site I was never able to learn very much about the civ series. But now, thanks to everyone on here I have learned more in the last month than in the last year! You guys are amazing!

------------------
              DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
              DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
              EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
              AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

I, as a modder who work with Wes, would also like to thank everybody, but to bring up another problem: Some of the mods wouldn't work with others, because some of the mods change the same records in the text files.
                A universal system should be created!
                Let people hear what they want to hear

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by alley_cat on 03-30-2001 03:48 PM
                  But to bring up another problem: Some of the mods wouldn't work with others, because some of the mods change the same records in the text files.

Most Mods work together because they fix their own things, or work through add-able SLIC files, and all scenarios can all work independantly.

In my opinion though, as soon as the Med Mod goes into public release then all future mods will have to have to be compatible with it, as it will probably be the largest and best mod.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                  X