Very (too) nice AI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very (too) nice AI?

I am currently playing at Very Hard on Gigantic with 8 Civs.

Ok, now there are 7 civs, because those nice Australians gave me all their cities when I asked them nicely.

Running
    <ul>
    // Dale's diplomacy script to make AI do diplomacy with itself.
    //
    // Modified to include BlueOrange's FRENZY AI script.
    //
    // Version 2 - 14-Jan-2001[/list]

Am I alone in thinking this a bit too nice? who of you would happily give away all his cities (will the game allow you to do that???)

Is this fixed in version 3?
    Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

The version 3.2 final has fixed this problem. They don't give you $&^# now And that's a good thing

Comment

Yeah, you can't get squat.

Also, I put in special code so if it sees it's Omni on the other side of the screen it won't even give him maps.

------------------
      Author of Diplomod. The mod to fix diplomacy.

Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

Thanks. I think I'll be installing that

Another thing I recently noticed. They ask me money for improvements.

But I guess that the "I give you advance and you give me money" whereby the money never arrives is a hardcoded "feature"?

Comment

I figured that you tried to screw me Dale I still haven't had them give me anything, the AI must just hate me even if I've fallen off the pace or if I'm leading the pack... so I've said screw them. Here comes my tanks..... That'll teach them.

The vendictive ruler

Comment

Don't ya wish you could code slic for individual users? You could put in all sorts of traps and stuff to trigger depending on who was playing. Now THATS evil!

------------------
            Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

I'm sure that if Firaxis keep half an eye on this forum they are bound to put an easter egg or two in for several of us in Civ3

(if(Apolyton_member){
              disable_bugs();
              }

Comment

I'd say rather
                if (apolyton_member) {
                disable_bugs();
                }

Comment

Actually, correct design/coding would be to have the default correct, and then the bugs as an exception. Eg:

if(!(player[0] == APOLYTON_MEMBER)) {
                  EnableBugs();
                  }

But others you could have are:

Code:
                  if(player[0] == Dale) {
                      AddGold(player[0], 1000000000);
                  }

if(player[0] == Dale) {
                      GiveAdvance(player[0], ADVANCE_TANK_WARFARE);
                  }
                  Though it would spoil the game.

------------------

Comment

Hmm, I thought the game already did that, but with the assumption that all players were called Dale

------------------

Comment

Dale whats the big idea with the "Nader" Personality.Please Explain this one and why isnt there a Bush/Gore personality?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Steve5304 on 02-17-2001 03:27 PM
                        Dale whats the big idea with the "Nader" Personality.Please Explain this one and why isnt there a Bush/Gore personality?

The writing team for CTP2 were liberal-minded...you can tell it if you read through the great library...why do I know? As they say, it takes one to know one.

The best bit of CTP2 *must* be the great library--it's very informative and it is also a great read, truthful, historically accurate and in many cases up to date...I think it's one aspect of the game no one has ever really bothered thinking about.

Comment

Working...
                        X