No announcement yet.

The diplomacy/frenzy mod!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that mod is certainly teaching the AI to act somewhat strange. I just started a new game, after "installing" the mod and editing the files. I decided to "challenge" the AI on difficult. Well 2hrs and 300 turns later, I was really suprised how diplomatic the AI played,though getting asked for a map exchange every 5 turns made me wonder, but hell, who cares. As I was saying 300 turns later,it troubled me why the AI accepted EVERYTHING I asked them, so I wanted to find out how nice the AI really is, and asked one civ to give me a city, which it did, without any bad effects on my reputation or else. So I asked for another one, and another one, in the end every nation gave me ALL their cities. Spank my ass and call me charly but I don't think thats what u wanted the ai to do??!!What u need the player for then? He just has to harvest all cities in 2999AC.

[This message has been edited by thanatos.tod (edited January 23, 2001).]
    You'll not see me coming!

Comment

dito with above post. Ai give you anything you ask for.
      I installed frenzy but I don't think it is working, AI's are to nice.
      He who believes and is baptized will be saved: But he who does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:16

Comment

Here's an idea to work around the 5-turn-no-incursion limit. Reintroduce the instantaneous return to home space for trespassing units via SLIC. Use a teleport event to move offending armies back to the home territory of the trespasser. And after the teleport event occurs - try to tell the AI not to move into that territory for several turns. AI will then consider proposals from other AI. In fact, if there are objections to the insta-return, only implement it for AI/AI incursions. Any thoughts?

Comment

I think that's an excellent idea Mister Pleasant. I don't know anything about SLIC so I didn't realize this feature could be re-introduced into CTP2. It is sorely missing and needs to be introduced immediately. Thanks for the input. I hope someone implements it soon. It'll go a long way toward making no-trespass agreements meaningful.

Comment

sounds like you just want to make all units expelable.

Comment

Originally posted by Azmel2
              quote:

Originally posted by Alpha Wolf on 01-15-2001 04:40 PM
              it appears that the Ai only thinks of trespassing as actual movement. So if they agree to stop trespassing, it fortifies where it is. But by not moving, its in compliance.

The GOAL_RETREAT goal should move these units back to nearby cities if they are treaspassing, but if there are no nearby cities owned by the AI, then yes, they will just sit until being assigned to some goal.

-- Richard
              Oh Richard so far as I understood it: The reatreat goal has a base priority of -300000. That is the lowest priority of all goals, therefore I think retreat is the last thing that will the AI do, irrespective of the fact wheather the AI has a no-treaspassing agreement or not. As the textfiles look the no-treaspassing agreement should work if this goal had a higher priority.

PS I had to reply as I read this, although it is very unlikly that you will never read this.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
              X